EA Cash Cards & Sims 3 Bonus Content

I received an email a few days ago from our member Lisa Misa regarding EA Cash Cards with Bonus Sims 3 Content.   I have never seen EA Cash Cards listing anything Sims related (as far as bonuses go) So I decided to go look myself.

Well today, I found these special cards!  I went to Best Buy, 7-11, Gamestop and finally found them at Target.  Not sure if these are exclusive to Target only, but check em out!

–Click image for a larger view–

Now before you get all excited and break down the doors at Target…there is a small downside.  Did you guess it yet?  The Bonus Content codes DO NOT work on the site.  Invalid code is what I get.  Yes, I get nothing.   I wonder, what is this Bonus Content?

I went ahead and chatted up EA, spent about 30 minutes waiting for Tier 2 and I did receive an answer.

Erin S.: Alright so this does seem to be a bit of a known issue with the codes and the website and unfortunately we do not have a resolution yet. I do know from reading information about it that the bonus content was for some type of athletic wear content.

Erin S.: At the moment we do not have an time window of when this will be resolved.

Now the codes do not expire until December 2012, so hopefully by then, the issue is resolved.  Erin was also nice enough to dump a very generous amount of Simpoints into my account, so I can’t really complain. :mrgreen:

Now I wonder what type of Athletic wear will we be getting as a bonus.

1. Ricky says:

I don’t want to be rude or anything, but was it “any time” and not “an time”? If the issue gets resolved I’m going to go and buy one. Also does this include for the $10 EA Game Cards too?

2. Sims VIP says:

He probably meant to say “a time”.

This only applies to the 20 dollar EA Cash Cards. Not The Sims Cards for 10.

1. Ricky says:

Ok, Thanks.

3. PsychoChick966 says:

Meh. :{ I don’t have my codes anymore! I got frustrated and gave up trying. Figures…

4. Sims VIP says:

Update 12/9/11 These codes still show up invalid.

5. Lori says:

Interested as well what the surprise Content will look like cool Glad you had a Good Experience Lex makes dealing with EA alot Easier for sure plus always getting extra Points is nice too!! Thanks again for sharing new Info keep up the great work you do Huggles!!

6. Debbie says:

Hi guys seen the EA game card for $20.00 dollars to get some pogo gems; And it seems not to work,So then why do they avertise it then.
    Very upset,Entered code 3x’s nothing say’s oops wrong code.What do I need to do? Wait till when?
    Debbie

1. SimsVIP says:

You will need to contact EA directly. There may be something wrong with the code. Here is their phone number 866 543 5435 Good luck :)

1. Debbie says:

Thx SimsVIP will do tomorrow.

7. Heather says:

I got one of the cards today and it worked. The content was football like outfits minus the helmets and a boxing outfit which looked like it had gloves. I think they called it the contenders package. I don’t know if it’s different for each card though.