The Sims 3 Supernatural Interview with Kari St. John
Posted by Sims 3 Supernatural Category

Via the Sims 3 Community Blog – Thanks bunbunnyny!

1. What is The Sims 3 Supernatural all about?
Kari: The Sims 3 Supernatural allows you to create supernatural beings from menacing werewolves and powerful witches to mischievous fairies and vampires with intriguing new characteristics. These supernatural Sims have magical abilities, rare traits and new interactions that enhance gameplay and introduce creative new storylines. Embrace the supernatural in the all-new world of Moonlight Falls, where you can stalk the night, use your wand to cast spells and uncover the spooky surprises that lurk in the shadows. Both supernatural and ordinary Sims can build their skill as an alchemist and mix dozens of elixirs with a variety of powerful effects, then share these enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3.

2. Can I create supernatural Sims directly in Create A Sim?
Kari: For the first time, you can create supernatural beings directly in Create A Sim and play as those witches, werewolves, vampires and fairies from the very beginning of your game. There is a remarkable degree of customization involved in creating your supernatural Sims, from the hairiness of your werewolf to the shape of your fairy’s wings.

3. What new traits and abilities are available in this expansion?
Kari: The Sims 3 Supernatural introduces many new traits, abilities and skills. Some of our favorites include delayed aging for fairies and vampires and the lycanthropy skill for werewolves, which enables them to transform between human and werewolf forms at will, so long as they can control their animalistic instincts. There are also some funny and interesting new traits, such as “supernatural fan” and “supernatural skeptic,” both of which affect how Sims interact with the supernatural.

4. Will there be a new world in this expansion?
Kari: The Sims 3 Supernatural introduces the all-new world of Moonlight Falls, a shadowy town full of peculiar happenings and mysterious new objects. Inspired by the misty valleys of the Pacific Northwest, Moonlight Falls is a brand new backdrop for The Sims 3 full of secret revelations and mystical locations for your Sims to explore, play in and build on.

5. What new gameplay features, items and wishes have been added?
Kari: One of the new features we’re most excited about is the lunar cycle and its effects on Sims in The Sims 3 Supernatural. Players will notice strange happenings, enchanted transformations and effects on magical potency as the moon changes its phases. You can also customize the lunar cycle in order to control its duration.

In terms of new items, we always try to add some fun new objects for Sims to play with. We’ve had a lot of fun conceptualizing and building out mysterious items that we’re adding to this pack, including a sliding bookcase that conceals a hidden room and a magic broom that allows your Sims to fly through the air! A variety of new décor items and clothing are available for you to deck out your Sims and their homes in gothic style, fitting with the eerie look of Moonlight Falls.

The Sims 3 Supernatural also introduces new lifetime wishes. For instance, witches may wish to become a master of dark magic or a master of light magic, depending on whether they cast curses or charms. Fairies may wish to become the ultimate trickster and werewolves may wish to rise to be the leader of the pack.

6. Will there be new careers?
Kari: Yes! Sims can build a career as a fortune teller in The Sims 3 Supernatural. Within this career, Sims can opt to be a mystic with a genuine connection to the great beyond or choose to exploit their clients as a scam artist, selling out psychic conventions and giving bogus readings.

7. Do I have to play as a supernatural? Can I play as a normal Sim?
Kari: You have the option to play as a supernatural or as an ordinary Sim living in the eerie new world of Moonlight Falls. However you choose to play, you can opt to dabble in magical crafts, building your career as a mystic fortune teller or developing your alchemic skills to brew elixirs with potent effects. Elixirs give you the power to turn other Sims into zombies, boost your learning abilities to acquire skills faster and more.

8. Does this expansion pack come with any limited edition content?
Kari: Yes, we’re excited to be working with Popcap’s Plants vs. Zombies to bring exclusive limited edition content to those who pre-order The Sims 3 Supernatural . The special limited edition Plants vs. Zombies content pack features the famous peashooter from Plants vs. Zombies that will help to protect your Sims by warding off any brain-hungry zombies who happen to shuffle onto your lot. The limited edition content pack will also include iconic zombie-themed clothing items from Plants vs. Zombies.

1. POpo says:

I am so building a True Blood world!

2. Mr.Mex says:

According to this, it’s a shame that we cant have normal sims that can learn magic or be a werewolf or a vampire.

Hope also, they add the beekeeper and the candlemaker, and a lot of potions more than the 6 listed on the leak, and more harvestable things to prepare more nectar.

But at least, it seems that this EP will include a lot more than any other EP.

3. Ricky says:

Normal sims stays normal while occult sims in CAS are always occult? That’s a bumer. Well, that means some towns won’t have a zombie apocylypse.

1. brokensweety256 says:

No thats not what they are saying :) they are saying that they are giving you a option to directly go into CAS and make a vampire,witch,werewolf instead of having to go through the being friends and all that crap :D I see were you went wrong

4. miklc says:

Soooo excited!!!!!

1. sims4life says:

me2 :D. I never had makin magic or apartment life, but this looks GREAT!!!!

5. Simon says:

Since new traits are introduced with every expansion, I really think they should expand the amount of traits a Sim can have. 5 seems too little nowadays.

1. Alexandra244 says:

I know right its like you cant have to many traits, I need 6 or 7 spots at least for sims now…

6. James says:

GREAT SO FREAKING EXCITED but can we create zombies in CAS

1. brokensweety256 says:

no its a potion

7. maria_loves_alex says:

I hope bee-keeping and candle-making are confirmed

1. Amy says:

I just saw it confirmed by SimGuruMegan over on the official Supernatural forum from a Q&A posted there:

“3. Will the beekeeping be similar to Sims 1 where we get honey and bees wax? I assume it will.
      Yes! You can get honey and wax from your bees if you’re very nice to them.”

Hope this helps : ) Lots of stuff going on over on the official Supernatural forum – you should check it out.

1. SimsVIP says:

Thanks for that. I have to update tomorrow cause I’m off to lala land right now! :)

8. iunplugthings says:

Omg, I still want a Seasons EP… but… this looks SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! I can’t wait! And really, it does seem like the most content an EP has had in a long long while. Yay! Thank you for the updates!

1. Alexandra244 says:

Read a post SImsVIP made on this web… This IS THE PENULTIMATE EXPANSION!!! also read my comment not gonna explain it all again

9. ... says:

In the picture of the town there is snow on the hills… I’m assuming that weather won’t come with this EP. :(

1. 0_e says:

I heard somewhere-can’t recall which site-that weather is supposedly going to come out in November of this year. But don’t quote me on this, the facts I found online might come from someone who doesn’t actually know,I just thought that this info might be of use if it is to be trusted :)

10. Mouse says:

I’m really looking forward to this! I agree that we should be able to have more traits, I feel 7 is the lucky number!! There’s so much to a being then just 5 simple traits!

I am also hoping they will have a scale option for fairies or something. It would seem odd if they are the same size of normal sims. I feel they should follow the common fairy tale, and have them be smaller.

I’m very excited for this one! I wonder whats the difference between the vampires in this expansion pack compared to the ones we already have, though!

11. Ann says:

Will vampires be able to use magic? l: Seems like it’s only the witches…
    but anyway, looking forward to this EP~

12. MIMI says:

who cares if ur normal sims cant use magic its still awesome to have another expansion pack for sims 3 cant wait:) B+C=P LOOK AT IT SIDE WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!:) for ann wizards can use magic also:) i dont know any one who can wait for sims 3 super natural except my mum i have to give her foot rubs for $5.00 in return but at least i can get sims 3 super natural now

13. Sebastian Michaelis says:

Just have to wait overnight. Probably a good idea to get some rest. I’ve heard about this thing called sleep I might try out. In the morning, I’m taking the bus to Walmart to get my copy. I’m planning to marry a werewolf to a fairy and a vampire to a witch and then let their kids get married just to see what the results will be. I so do love Sims 3 genetics.