1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

A Grand Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

Besides playing Sims I like to work on a project within the game to finish a goal that has a long lasting impact on my gameplay. When I went to the museums they are rather blah and indeed not much to look or do in them. I did an experiment and found out I could drag things like painting/prints into the museums! This brought great joy to me. I left a print of a plant cell in the museum for several weeks...and it is still there. So fingers crossed the artwork/other things do not go poof like they do in Sims 3......

Now I have this large goal in my mind. The museum in Willow Creek I am going to turn into a gallery for classical and older works painted by Sims featuring old antiques/objects etc. Then the museum in Oasis Springs I am going to dedicate to modern/pop art that kind of style. Is that all? NO!? The microscope prints/ the plant prints/fossils/crystals etc. are going into a third museum! I want a science observatory to hold the massive microscope and telescope along with showcasing off the large collections I worked hard on getting. So the two museums given to us I am going to do my best to not alter them much and leave their core structure intact with a little sprucing up. For my third museum I have chosen Cypress Terrace which is a perfect spot for one. It is going to have a laboratory, science classrooms, exhibits, it is going to be OFF THE HIZZY! This is going to be a really long project lol *sigh*

elsing, Gabe, benji_br and 1 other person like this.
  2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

WOW! I never thought of that- to display the microscope prints in the museum! IT MAKES SENSE lol
    Yeah I had noticed that you can go into Build Mode on comm lots which I thought was really cool because it's convenient! Don't have to go load the world map or have you sim go home and load the world map.
    The Sims 4 is love,
    The Sims 4 is life.

benji_br likes this.
  3. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

Sounds very cool. If you decide on or build your own science museum, maybe you could upload it to gallery and let us know so we can use it ourselves if we want to try this project. Also be sure to add some pics to this thread of your three museums once you have them completed

4. Cody

Cody

The sad thing with the science museum is that collectibles will not come with it. Though it would be nice to have a place to put your stuff :D! I will make sure to share pictures.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  5. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

I would be happy with just an empty building that you use, and maybe a few pics of how you use it to give me an idea of how you see it being used.

6. Cody

Cody

Okay :)! Not to be all big headed but it is turning out to be rather amazing. I am rather far with the museum as well and it should be complete in two or so days? I think you will like it, I am a rather skilled builder and you are not going to get a square box with a roof lol. I hope it does not disappoint it is representative of what many science museums are like at least the ones I have been to. There were defiantly some quick realizations made like how I was going to be restrained creatively. Due to the small lots sizes and the fact that we are only able to build up to three levels certain ideas had to be tossed into the trashcan for there simply is not enough room. Like the classrooms and a laboratory. I look forward to sharing it! It is going to feature some exciting things and architectural elements. One thing I look forward to but may be scrapped is a rooftop garden :)! I discovered plants CAN INDEED be put ontop of roofs and we will have to see if it looks dumb or not.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  7. Cody

Cody

I began creating lots for TS3 and uploading them to The Sims Resource but not having my own computer it was very difficult. I still do not have a computer and as a creator who shares it may not happen but I would at least like to share this. A science museum is REALLY needed in the game because where the heck do you store all the stuff?

8. Cody

Cody

A sneak peaky :D! There is a massive checklist of things to finish like the landscaping but most things are already complete or near complete. And yes I know I misspelled Museum lol! Someone is very tired. PEW PEW.jpg

Gabe and uhleeshuh like this.
  9. Cody

Cody

10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

GAH!!! A rooftop garden?! WTH? I love this. Like, like, like. I'd love to gaze upon your gallery bro.