1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

A way to locally save/share Sims?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Naria, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Naria

Naria

For those with the game already, or whoever gets it and figures this out first, I was wondering if there was a way to save your Sims to your computer and then share the file with a friend, rather than uploading a Self Sim to the public gallery?

If anyone has any info on this, I'd be super grateful. :)

2. Joy

Joy

When I started playing The Sims 4 tonight and my Sims were not automatically in it from the CAS Demo I went hunting and found this tidbit in the ea.answers forum. This way if you do not want to upload your sims to the gallery you can find the library for both the CAS Demo and The Sims 4 and copy from one to the other. Maybe you can copy your sims to share them this way? Not sure but a good tip if others cannot find lost sims from CAS or do not want to publish. Hope the tip helps!

Go to your Documents folder and then to the folder Electronic Arts. There you should see these two folders:
    The Sims 4 Create a Sim Demo
    The Sims 4

In each of these there is a folder named "Tray" where your Library is saved to. Just copy all the files from The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo tray folder to The Sims 4 tray folder and your Sims should show up in the library of the full game.

Good Luck,
    Joy

3. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

A little heads up for those having difficulties transferring sims from demo to game.

If you go to the gallery on the game and click your name near the top, all your sims should be there. They won't appear initially in the other part, but they appear in this area.