1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Aging and lifespan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyziulka, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

I just wonder what do you thing about aging and lifespan. I have aging on and I can see that sims I'm not playing, like Goths or Pancakes are aging normally - kids become teens and so on. But in family I play when my sims birthday came up nothing happen. Just info that he is ready to age up, and age progress bar was full with sparks or something on it ;) I had to bake cake and make him "make a wish" or something to age him up. Is that mean that if I don't want him to age or won't bake cake he will stay YA forever?
    I just got info that my baby's birthday is almost ready - I wonder if I have to bake cake too or just click on "age up" interaction.

I'm glad that they left us choice of how long lifespan we want but I kind of wish I can choose how long each life stage is. I always choose it to be "realistic" like 1 sim day is 1 year or in longer version 2 or 3 sim days would be 1 year ;) But I think I can live without it - I just have to find out how long each life stage is in each version ;)

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

No when the notification pops up they will age up naturally when the time hits. I don't know what time it is that takes a day off their life though. I think sometime in the morning?

Jarron likes this.
  3. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

It didn't happen to me... I got pop up and waited till evening but nothing. I thought that maybe next day in the morning but still nothing. I mouse over age bar and it said that I should make my sim to "make a wish", blow candles" or " taste the icing" to make him age up. maybe I will try to wait a bit more with next sim and see what happen

Jarron likes this.
  4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah do that because I have been making my sims age up naturally with no intervention. It will happen.
    Although be aware that if you don't bake them a cake or throw them a party, when they age they will automatically be Sad. The moodlet will say that they felt that nobody remembered their birthday.

5. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

Well I like this different emotions and how they have impact in sims :) I would be sad too if nobody remember my birthday :) I just wish that my sim with genius trait wouldn't be tense so often because there was nothing "stimulated enough" going on...

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah just have them read a book instead of tv they'll be fine lol Yeah I know people are a little mad about how little traits sims are given but look at how different it makes them? Can you imagine a sim with 5 traits? A genius, romantic, noncommittal, charismatic, and hot head? That would be one unhappy sim because there would be way too many emotional needs to keep up with in my opinion.

Zoe Lou likes this.
  7. Jarron

Jarron

I was wondering the sane thing, Pyziulka... and waited and waited... and was actually on my way to bake a cake when suddenly she popped to Adult. it happens fast! I wasnt even sure it had happened. lol

8. Pyziulka

Pyziulka

I waited with another sim and she aged on her own. She was sad and wanted to water her plants with tears :( It is just different than it was in TS3 where they had birthday soon after pop up info ;) Now it is pop up that they soon will be ready (2 days before I think), than pop up that they are ready (on day of birthday) and we have about 24h to make birthday cake and party. It's plenty of time to prepare :D

Yeah each sim is different and traits and emotion DO matter this time ;) My self-assure sim is confident almost all the time, and my genius sim is tense very often because she didn't learn anything new for few hours ;) I have my first child and I can't wait to see his emotions - as a baby he was very adorable and quiet content ;)

uhleeshuh likes this.
  9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Whoa they really had that wish? To water her plants with tears?! LOL it's sad, don't get me wrong, but that is pretty funny lol

10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Same here the first time I dealt with a natural aging. It was all like BANG BOOM POW- done! I like how fast it is compared to the 4 sim hours of standing around cheering for themselves in TS3 lol

Meka3514 likes this.