1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Another graphics card question.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Izzy, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Izzy

Izzy

My computer is only a year old, and I realize looking into the system requirements that my computer will run the Sims 4, it apparently won't run on high graphics. So for future reference, since I am still learning, I would like to know if I can upgrade my card at all? I have an all in one PC, so I know it isn't extremely likely but I will post a link to the specs of this computer. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! Especially since future Sims 4 games will be more demanding than the current game.
    http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/si...ac.admitted=1409585955163.876444892.492883150

Thanks a lot!
    Izzy

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

Could you give me an idea which AMD Processor do you have installed presently?

3. Izzy

Izzy

Yes, I have the original AMD A6-5400K still installed

4. ManagerJosh

The only way you can technically "upgrade" your graphics is by upgrading your CPU. If you're planning on making the investment, the top of the line processor your HP supports is the
    AMD A10-6700. Note there may be a temptation to get the newer processor, don't. The HP manual says you have a thermal design limit of 65watts. Most of the newer processors are 100watt designs.

If you're more budget conscious, an A8 will yield you an upgrade too.

A8-6500: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113334
    A10-6700: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113332

5. Izzy

Izzy

Alright thank you very much!

6. ManagerJosh

Also, if you have the extra cash, upgrade your RAM to 16GB. Your PC will start flying :p

7. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

^^ If it were me, I'd go for an SD Card. They're good for helping load times if you're impatient like me. ;)

If you're happy with everything, I'd go for 16GB RAM like Josh said. It's not a big necessity since no game utilizes up to 16 GB, but its good for editing, rendering, and video software stuff like that. It's up to you though!

8. ManagerJosh

I presume by SD Card, you mean solid state drive? :p

9. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

10. ManagerJosh

You were close :p. You just forgot one "S" in SSD :p