1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else feeling bittersweet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mattyboi, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

Well, it's less than a day for the release of the Sims 4. Time flew by so fast; it seems like only yesterday we had the first trailer with the falling plum bobs. While the Sims 3 was sometimes a nightmare, I loved it to death. I know it sounds weird, but I'm actually going to miss the Sims 3 store, the wait of a new expansion or stuff pack, and a lot of other stuff. Yeah, the Sims 3 isn't going anywhere, but it's just crazy to see what the next era of the Sims is going to bring and the close of the last era.

I'm excited for the Sims 4, but I'm going to miss the Sims 3 hype a lot. Anyone else feeling this or am I just being over-emotional? *insert over-emotional icon here*.

LilaGirl and Jaline like this.
  2. HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

I'm actually happy to say goodbye to my Sims 3. Every time I'd get really involved in my families and neighborhood in Sims 3, the game would freeze and I'd lose everything. I never used CC and I only had 1 or 2 mods from NRaas. I just gave up eventually. I'm looking at 4 as a breath of fresh air and I'm welcoming it with open arms! I'm really excited for the future of 4 and what they plan to do with it.

MidnightPearl, blossums and Jordan like this.
  3. Jordan

Jordan

I do feel bittersweet too, but honestly Sims 3 had a little too much downfalls for me .. Like Island Paradise always glitched for me. Its too annoying that you need some mods for gameplay.. But for the past couple years it was what we had to play never less had tons of fun :)

LilaGirl likes this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

I know exactly what you mean. I'm feeling good about TS4 though and hope we'll have an amazing experience with it for the years to come. But yeah, TS3 will always have its cozy place in my memories.

LilaGirl likes this.
  5. Meka3514

Meka3514

I'm happy to say goodbye to the Sims 3. I was actually playing yesterday, and my game crashed. Forgot to save in between, so I lost everything. That happened a lot with my game and I have a pretty decent computer to run it. I guess with every expansion/stuff pack, it's a lot for a game to run. I'm excited to see what Sims 4 brings. I like the 2 worlds/districts...and I'm hoping it will make for smoother game play versus open world. I am a tad disappointed about not having any cars in Sims 4 though. Cars were in Sims 2 and even the console versions on Xbox, PS3.

LilaGirl likes this.
  6. blossums

blossums

Me too! It's absolutely the main reason I played sims 3 so rarely in the last 2 years.
    There were so many things i Loved about sims 3 though, just was devastating for the game to stop working every time I realy got into it
    - competely loved the colour wheel, being able to subtly shift the colours of things made it beautiful game to build in.
    - Looking at the view as my sim wondered around town and being able to completely customise my town too

LilaGirl likes this.
  7. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Yeah, it's a bittersweet feeling. I'm not ready to say goodbye to TS3 completely; I'll probably still build houses and such... but I'm ready for a new phase in my simming life.

8. Hopefully The Sims 4 makes the franchise proud in upcoming months.

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

It's a bittersweet, symphony :D

Cody, LilaGirl and Mattyboi like this.
  10. Anna

Anna

I still plan to play 3 as well. In fact I have been busy the last few days keeping busy working on a world I am doing. There are so many build options I like to use that are not in 4, so my plan is to play both. I am not saying goodbye to 3 and can't imagine that I will for a long time.

Jaline likes this.