1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SimsVIP will be undergoing scheduled server maintenance on December 10, 2016 from 12:01AM Central Time (-6 GMT) until 1:01AM Central Time. During this time, SimsVIP will be offline while crucial server maintenance is performed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

As the household gets bigger, the worse the performence gets

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Poedelini, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Poedelini

Poedelini

Anybody else have this problem? Not like in stutters or lag or something.
    More in that it take your sims longer to get things done etc.

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Are they chatting too much while they are completing actions?
    That slows everything down!

3. Poedelini

Poedelini

No it is not the chatting. Everything they do just takes sooooooooo long. Even if they are not multitasking. It is just not that intuitive. They don't do thing immidiatly they just think it over for 5 to 10 simseconds and then they do it. It is very frustrating.

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Do you happen to use Windows 10?

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Does Windows 10 have a big impact on the game @Kit?

I haven't noticed this before (and I upgraded to 10), but I don't play very large families or lots. Not yet anyways... they're still working their way up ;)

***EDIT - well what do ya know... just saw Kenta's fix for Windows 10 lag... haha. I must not have updated. :D Yay for procrastination!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  6. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@Mitchi32 That's what I was curious about. I don't use Windows 10. I like my 7 very very much.

Mitchi32 likes this.
  7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I use Windows 10 and I find that The Sims 4 performance is not much different at all. It does run slower though if you have a lot of stuff going on.

8. Simbudda3

Simbudda3

Yeah I upgraded to W10 too and my game is slower. Well it is so slow because I use a laptop and I notoiced tht (Shadowing And Lighting) option has a huge inpact on my game prefromance..but my game looks too good to turn it off