1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto-saves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarron, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Jarron

Jarron

I was assuming that the auto-save feature wold give me peace of mind, but so far I have seen no ryhme ir reason to them. I will manually save, and then -THEN- I will see an auto-save file dated only a minute or few seconds after my manual save. And I just started the game (6:10am my time) and saw an autosave file from 4:34am this morning... I wasn't even playing then.

Exactly how often is the game supposed to auto-save? o_O

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I'd like to know more about the autosave too, I lost a good bit of gameplay when I had to Ctr+Alt+Del to get out of a stuck loading screen

3. Jarron

Jarron

It makes no sense to me. In my mind, it should be saving every 15-30 minutes or so, or have a setting we can set.:confused:

4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Exactly! I had read somewhere it saves in the background every 10 min, but when my game froze I didn't lose no 10 min!
    Also I would like to know that if it DID save every 10 min, and you got stuck on a loading screen for 12 min, and you restarted, would you Autosave File bring you back to the frozen loading screen?? WEIRD!

5. Serrabella

Serrabella

I agree with you two, I do not understand this feature at all.

6. Jarron

Jarron

hopefully Alexis/SimsVIP can ask someone to clarify it.

7. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

I don't rely on any "auto save." I save regularly like I always have, or have learned to save.:rolleyes: :roll:

8. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@bshag4lv I have come to do that also. I take my simming seriously!!!!!!!! I like to make sure my progress is saved

9. Jarron

Jarron

I don't rely on it either- I still save my saves every 15 minutes or so.... BUT, if its going to be in the game it needs to work and I'd like to know how exactly how. What is the point of it if it's going to save a second or two after me? lol :confused:

uhleeshuh likes this.
  10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Like you said earlier, hopefully Alexis/SimsVIP will clarify it