1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Custom Content

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by TheSimsWay, Oct 20, 2014.

1. TheSimsWay

TheSimsWay

Does anyone know if someone is creating or has created a program that singles out bad custom content like they had in Sims 3? That would be so helpful. My game randomly crashes now and I have no clue if it's from bad cc or what. I've tried solutions that I've found in google searches, but they're not helping.

The only thing I have done was delete cc that shows up disfigured in CAS.

2. buriedwarf

buriedwarf

The same happens to me. I thought it was the new hair mashes, but it seems like that's not the problem, but it started crashing again when I added a few recolorus! I have no idea why this happens, I'm so mad :/

3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I don't know of a tool like that right now, but the easiest was to determine if it's bad CC it to simply pull your entire Mods folder and launch the game again. If it works fine, then you know you're looking at a bad CC issue, and you can go through it bit by bit until you find the offending item(s). With TS3, I done it in batches. If it was CAS that was crashing, I'd test hair first, then tops, then bottoms, etc etc. If it was build mode/live mode, I'd test doors and windows first, then kitchen, then bathroom, then living room...

jeLlyBeAn1573 likes this.
  4. mackeemac

mackeemac

Zerbu has a pc program for removing corrupt content in CAS mode, can't go into detail cause I have a MAC but I heard it works

Kit likes this.
  5. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

yeah had some coruptet CAS content in that did not worke so i deletet it and everything worked fine. I even deletet Custom traiits as ther donte worke actuly the way i want them. I rather wait for officiel traits as officiel things worke the best.