1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Fix for Workers?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AquaSimmer, Sep 2, 2015.

1. AquaSimmer

AquaSimmer

Now I know this was a problem a while back. But I'm pretty sure it didn't get fixed.

When my Sims own a retail lot the workers just stand around chatting, eating (if its food based), and just plain ole not doing what they should.

In the playable careers the other workers don't do anything either. They just stans there. The doctors/scientists use the analyzers, and the detectives act like they're gathering clues but that's it.

I wish it was a little more realistic with them working too instead of just me.

Thanks everyone. And sorry for such a long post haha ✌✌

Misawa likes this.
  2. benji_br

benji_br

I have not yet heard of this problem, but I understand your frustration. Maybe people would be more helpful at the Technical Discussion section of the forum? I don't know, your thread may be overlooked in this one =)

3. AquaSimmer

AquaSimmer

Thanks. @Kit Are you in charge of moving threads?

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@AquaSimmer I'm one of a few moderators. But I might have a bit more free time than others. =P So sure, why not.

Moved the thread to Tech Discussions!

From my experience, the co-workers are mostly there to assist your Sim's work experience. I think their autonomy could use some tweaking, but I don't think it's necessarily a bug.

5. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

When i remember corectly tehr still tweking tehr but it takes longer than tehr thought! I mean tehr already maked it so that ther will worke more than during relays! BUT the coworkers that will helpe yoou sell will be a bit slower curently° ther still locking into this and try to make the reaction of thes sims ASAP faster

6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

From what I understand, you have to essentially teach your employees. If they are chatting you need to reprimand them. If they are doing their assigned tasks you have to praise them. This raises their work ethic bar and you have to promote them to keep them or they'll quit.

7. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

With Mitchi on that one. Retail employees were pretty much useless after GTW launched, but they did get fixed up pretty well since then. When you boost their work ethic up to max by constantly keeping an eye on them and scolding them when they don't do their work, they are doing their jobs well enough. They still couldn't keep the store running on their own, without your Sim's help, but I think that is pretty much the point of the retail system.
    As for the co-workers, yeah, they are mostly just decoration, although it depends heavily on the career. A scientist has the ability to order co-workers around and have them maintain the garden or tidy up the place and in the medical career, there will always be an orderly around (as soon as you aren't low-level yourself anymore) who will clean up mess and repair broken objects and I think I have also rarely seen them assign patients to beds on very high levels of the career. The law enforcement career isn't something I have used much, so I don't know if those co-workers ever start doing more than looking like they are working.

On the one hand, the co-workers could use some more autonomy to do different things, but then on the other hand, I wouldn't want them to interfere with what my Sim is doing or is supposed to do (can't treat a patient when every patient is already being treated by someone else, for example). So I can understand why they kept the co-worker involvement more subtle.

8. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

My only request in terms of coworkers is that as a high level doctor, the orderly would admit patients to beds automatically. I always feel so bad when the patients leave to go somewhere else :( Right now, I could spend my entire shift just doing that, and make no money.

It would be ideal if they could assign a nurse to do all the little tests, and then transfer the case to my sim to diagnose and treat (like my sim had to do when they first started out). I would be able to cure more patients! :)