1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Building in The Sims 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by QUINTSIM, Oct 9, 2015.

1. QUINTSIM

QUINTSIM

Hey Guys

I would love to know your building secrets.

How do you start building just like in the game go in and start building or do you draw house plans?

How do you get the interesting shapes?

I go look for a pretty house photo and start building from there.

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

3. benji_br

benji_br

This is funny, but I usually draw inspiration from houses I see in real life. Maybe not whole houses, but like "oh look how they arranged those windows there" or "that's cool how that one door is in a certain angle", you know?

Then I just see what my sims' context (how many are in the family, how much money they have, where do I want them to get to) and open up this drawer of random inspiration from walking around the city =)

Misawa, Mitchi32 and QUINTSIM like this.
  4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I draw out house plans and then adjust them to suit my family's needs.
    Usually my inspiration is just looking at houses on the internet, but I've been known to snap a pic on my phone as I drive by a beautiful house! :p

benji_br likes this.
  5. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I make the bare minimum space. Then build onto it as my family needs more. =)

Mitchi32, benji_br and QUINTSIM like this.
  6. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I haven't really built any houses in the sims 4 I tend to use premade houses and then change furnature and stuff as things go along.