1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't wait for the new careers!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Nov 18, 2014.

1. benji_br

benji_br

I am surprised by how much I'm looking forward to these two new careers they're adding in the next patch! Seriously, I'm honestly more excited than I was about pools - and don't get me wrong, I was pretty excited about them, every one of my households has a pool and I absolutely love them. But come oooon, new careers!

I got to the point where I think I already even raised my sim kids to be athletes and businessmen. These have always been favourites of mine since the first The Sims and I'm gonna have a lot of fun with them.

Specially because I assume they're coming with new unlockable objects, right? Oh man, how come we have not started speculating about them yet? The punching bag and the minigolf thingy were two of my favourites in TS2, let's see what they'll bring for this one. Even if it's mostly decor (with energized and confident auras, I assume) I think it's going to add a lot more variety to our game - specially to our gyms!

Is anyone else going nuts? =D

2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I think that Bodybuilder will focus on Weights and the other one on Cardio.

But I can't help but wonder what the Investor and the other path for Business will focus on.

I am disappointed we are only getting 2 careers though, I think Science (which could split the path into a Marinologist and Biologist, with focus on Fishing and Gardening respectively) and maybe one other career (Return of the Slacker?) would be a good fit.

But I am happy we are getitng at least two normal ones, and I have to admit that Athletic is perfect fit for the Athletic Aspiration.

Meka3514 and benji_br like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

That would all be so cool! Maybe marinologist is something that will help once we have an world with an Ocean.

4. rjhenn14

rjhenn14

I am really excited for both! I am glad that the bodybuilder aspiration will have a career that accompanies it now! Very excited to get even the two new careers, I was really hoping to get law enforcement back, I feel like there just a lot of criminal career options and there should be someone to stop them! But, I will keep waiting for that :) Just excited to get what we get because they didn't have to!

jeLlyBeAn1573 and benji_br like this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

I know what you mean, I miss that too. But you know how there are no burglars and therefore no police in the game? I'm pretty sure they'll add this in the future and it might be tied to a new Law Enforcement career. It makes sense to me =)

6. Cinderellimouse

Cinderellimouse

I'm looking forward to getting these careers back. One of my sims doesn't really suit any of the existing careers, he's always been an athlete and I'm really looking forward to getting him back on his career track!

I'm very curious about the business careers too. 'Business' can be a bit vague and open to interpretation. 'Investor' sounds a bit like banking, which is something I've always wanted to see. I'd like to know which objects we'll be getting. Dare I hope we'll get shops so soon? I'm a bit concerned though, I desperately want an OFB type expansion with lots of depth. One or two objects wouldn't be enough. :-/

In general I can't wait to get these, and I hope they are quick to add the more traditional careers. I like JohnBigOz's idea of specific science branches, I'd love branches like 'physics', 'chemistry' and 'biology' because they're all quite different things. 'Chemistry' could actually be a branch of the medical career and be more along the lines of a pharmaceutical career. I'd love to be able to make medicine and well as actually being a doctor and treating patients.

I also like the idea of police actually being compatible with a criminal career. Although, like Rjhenn14, I feel like there are already a few criminal or negative options.

I'd also like the politics career back, and for it to be a bit more hands-on. I'd like military too. :)

benji_br likes this.
  7. benji_br

benji_br

And let's hope for Veterinarian career when a pets expansion pack comes out =)

8. Simsilikesims

Simsilikesims

I wonder what objects and accessories they will include as part of the Athlete and Business careers. Briefcases? Soccer balls? Basketballs? Basketball hoops? Maybe even a baseball field? I'd suggest footballs, but since the game is sold in more countries than the United States, I know that is unlikely. I miss the volleyball net from Sims 1 vacation, the play catch interaction from Sims 2, and wouldn't mind seeing a soccer ball practice object like the one in Sims Freeplay. Having a stadium rabbithole in Sims 3 was ok, but at the same time I wanted to see inside it.

benji_br likes this.
  9. Meka3514

Meka3514

I'm excited for the new careers. As fast as the Sims gain weight, the Athletic career will keep my Sim toned. I have to admit that I do miss Medical career & them bringing home friends for work. But no complaints here...it's free & it shows the developers are listening to their fans.

JohnBigOz likes this.
  10. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I think they wanted to take the careers in a unique direction for Sims 4, I mean, if you think about it, the system has been the EXACT same for the past three games, it was DID need an over-do.

benji_br likes this.