1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

CC not showing up in game

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by bshag4lv, Sep 4, 2014.

1. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

I had mods and cc for sims 3 and love all of it. Now I was very excited to learn we had the same for sims 4 but any of the cc I've dl'ed does not show up in my game. I only have eyes and a dress from MTS and it isn't showing up.

I also had dl'ed some eyes and a t-shirt and placed them in the demo and they didn't show up either.

Are items going directly into the Mods folder or should there be a Packages folder like in the sims 3?

2. MysticDiva2

MysticDiva2

The eyes at MTS are replacements meaning they replace the eyes that came with the game..... If your not wanting to replace use Non-Default

bshag4lv likes this.
  3. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Hi MysticDiva and thanks for the response. I knew the eyes were default but that's the thing...it's the same eyes that came with the game, not my eyes cc.

Thanks anyway...I'll just keep trying to install in the Mods folder I guess. I'm not giving up, I love cc too much to do that.:)

4. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

One thing you might look into....in your mods folder, make sure you don't have a bunch of sub-folders. You can have sub-folders, but only one level deep. So for example you can have Mods >> Tops and then your .packages in there, but you can't have Mods >> Tops >> Tshirts and then your .package files. You can organize your mods folder however you like - by creator, by 'part', whatever floats your boat. :) Just as long as it's only one level deep. That could be causing some mods not to show up. Only other thing I can think of would be if the mods you downloaded were created for the demo and the creator hasn't converted them for use in the full game?

Hope this helps!

bshag4lv likes this.
  5. salemkat

salemkat

I have downloaded some CC and put the package files into the mods folder, the items are not showing up. i have removed them, put them back and restarted still no sign of them. not as easy as TS3 was as they would just show up.. :(

bshag4lv likes this.
  6. doll

doll

Delete your resource.cfg file, and remove all your CC. Let the game generate a new one and put your CC back, that's what I had to do in order to get mine to work.

bshag4lv likes this.
  7. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

Salemkat, where can I download the cc you're talking about? I can check and see if it's working in my game for you so you'll know whether it's the cc or something else.

bshag4lv likes this.
  8. ladyhawke044

ladyhawke044

Did you check to see if the eyes show up under makeup?

bshag4lv likes this.
  9. salemkat

salemkat

10. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Thank you doll, that worked! Yes, I had the default eyes but just didn't recognize them, lol. Now other stuff is in the CAS/catalog...just had to give it a little boost I guess. Thanks again.

Good luck StarryNiteSims!