1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you get what you pay for?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat' started by PSSims21, Apr 4, 2015.

1. PSSims21

PSSims21

I've been thinking about getting OR as soon as I have some extra money in my account, because I just got Get to Work 2 days ago and yeah... So, is it any good? It's like half the price of GTW, which seems a little bit too much for a game pack.

2. Cody

Cody

Here is my five dollars instead of just two cents ;). I would focus on GTW and play it to death until you grow bored then ask yourself "how much does the content of OR appeal to me". There is always down the road to snag it when it is less expesnive and do not forget that while unannounced and still a ways off it is safe to assume that there is going to be another game pack on the horizon with maybe content that will better appeal to you. Even though the game pack is twenty dollars I feel it is very worth it but the big question is it something that really interests you. OR has a very narrow focus and if you do not like the focus then it will not be worth your money. It adds a great new place called Granite Falls that is atmospheric, the furniture is fantastic, the collectibles are neat, the herbalism skill is fun, and just over all adds a completely unique vibe to the Sims 4. Unlike what we saw with Sims 3 many times this game pack is overflowing with content. They really made sure to pay attention to the details.

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

As Cody said, it really depends. OR doesn't add much to the general day to day gameplay, so if that is where most of your attention lies and you can live without sending your Sims on a camping trip, then I'd wait until you can snag it in a sale. For what it is, it is a very solid pack. The gameplay is well executed and Granite Falls looks gorgeous and has a beautiful atmosphere, especially at night while sitting at the campfire. You definitely get far more for those ยง20 than with the Stuff Packs of the past but whether it is actually worth it or not really depends on how you like to play the game.

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Personally I`m a huge camper IRL, so I like the fact that my Sim family can just go camping for a couple days every now and then and just build up their own relationships and go fishing etc.
    If I had a trial of it for a weekend and then had to decide if I wanted to pay the money to keep it, I would. I'm happy with it. (although yes - I think it was a little expensive)

5. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

6. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I just got my Outdoor Retreat for $14.99 it was on sale I think it was part of the halloween sale at Origin. Its well worth it if you like outdoor activities tents camp fires cooking outdoors ect.