1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know where I can find...

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by GeekyAngelGirl, Jun 13, 2016.

1. GeekyAngelGirl

GeekyAngelGirl

A tutorial on creating script mods? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to learn how to create script mods...and it's not like many of us can break into that world since we can not find one.

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

3. Sasha

Sasha

Zerbu creates a few very cool mods etc, also keeps them updated here's a 'mod constructor' and a 'Sims 4 Mod Workshop' (tool) Here's a list at Mod the Sims for ts4 Tools and Docs and another for a step through on getting used to creating a script mod for beginners and one to Automate Packaging of Script Mods..

Coding

Python – Some useful pointers on how to get started in this thread
    How to Access The Sims 4 Python Files (Zerbu): tumblr post | thread in this forum
    How to change the simulation clock speed by changing maxis scripts (jcgurango): thread in this forum
    How to run a function when the game is loaded (mgomez): thread in this forum
    For absolute beginners: Making a simple script that gets the town's population (mgomez): thread in this forum
    Script Reloading (fetusdip): thread in this forum

TS4 Advanced Coding Tutorials: wiki page

XML Tuning How-To (pbox): thread in this forum
    Extracting TS4 XML Using TS4 Combined XML Extractor (scumbumbo): thread in this forum.

Hope this helps... it is a mind warp... ;):)

4. GeekyAngelGirl

GeekyAngelGirl

Thanks guys! Sorry for the belated reply. I'll go ahead and bookmark that stuff, I want to make a few script mods personally...to share, so this stuff is of good interest to me!