1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Earning tips from performing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orphalesion, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Orphalesion

Orphalesion

Hey-o,

Okay so I have a couple of my Sims in the entertainer career and right now all of them are stuck as Opening Acts because, no matter how often or long I send them to the bar to perform. Nobody's tipping them. Sims come, laugh/applaud...and then walk off again. Once I had a whole bar listening to my Sim's comedy routine....and not a lousy simoleon!

Is there anything I do wrong?

2. Tamas

Tamas

I don't think so, maybe your sim just isn't good enough? I tried to earn tips by playing the guitar and it didn't really go well at all in the bar but when I went to the park it was done in a minute. I'd say just keep trying, if your sim is funny enough it should work out.

3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah I agree with Tamas, maybe the skill just isn't good enough?
    Were the comedy routines the long or short ones? Maybe telling jokes instead? Maybe bring your own mic to the bar? Maybe be in a Playful mood?
    Update this if you get it figured out, I am raising a child right now and was thinking about getting him to be a comedian, but if this is a problem I don't want to waste the man hours on the skill when he ages, only to get stuck on the career.

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

I found that the Lounge is the best spot to get tips from performing as a comedian. The old ladies over there seem to like a good laugh or two... :p
    As for levels, those matter a lot, too. My entertainers never get any tips until they reach about level 4 or 5 of their skill.

benji_br, Tamas and Cody like this.
  5. Orphalesion

Orphalesion

My comedian Sim has level 6 comedy skill. He hasn't written any routines I will try it next time he comes up in my rotation.

However I tried it with my musician Sim today and she is level 5 on the piano (or rather was) within two nights she easily earned the 100 simoleons and leveled her piano skill to 7!

Maybe comedy is just harder? Maybe you need routines?

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Yeah try the routines and see how that goes! I think that was the problem.

7. benji_br

benji_br

A trick I've been doing is taking my whole family to the lot with the performer and making them all watch the performance. Tips are guaranteed ;)

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion

Ey so been a while, but I couldn't get back to that Sim sooner. So with routines I had the requirement for his promotion and his aspiration fullfilled in a couple of hours of preforming. So it really seems you need routines.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

A member of your household can tip you? Does it go like -$15 +$15?? lolol

10. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I tend to send Zest Johnny into a place by invintg like 7 other sims (random townies), usually packing the place and then performing his routines.

It took me few days.

It does bother me that there's no way to direct sims to watch your performance and you rely on luck, but thankfully the goals aren't that hard (for the Joke Star or the Careers goals)