1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Empty lots not filling up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rye_encoke, Sep 8, 2014.

1. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

This thread from the sims site:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781916/empty-lots-not-filling-up

Is anyone else having problems with the empty lots not filling up despite having the option in game options turned on?

I have had it turned on and have played about a sim month and none of the lots that start empty have had anyone move into them. There seem to be a few people having the same problem, but there are also others who have the lots fill up almost instantly.

Just curious how many others have the same problem, or, are not having the problem and have their neighbourhoods filled up by the game?

2. Meka3514

Meka3514

I'm having the same issue you are. I had tons of empty lots. What I started doing is going to manage worlds, and moving families not in a lot into the homes. I have all expensive lots left, so since you only start out as $20K, I still have a few empty lots.

3. rye_encoke

rye_encoke

the freerealestate cheat works so you can put the sims into the houses. the problem with filling the lots up yourself is you have to start them out a bit otherwise they don't do anything but stand in front of their home. using the option to have the game automatically fill the lots is supposed to prevent the inactive sims and make them actually move to the venues and walk the streets.

to use the freerealestate cheat:
    press crtl shift c
    type testingcheats true
    type freerealestate on

note that if you go into the gallery or library, sometimes it will reset and you will need to type the freerealestate on.....although you won't have to type the testingcheats true again

doll likes this.
  4. doll

doll

I haven't noticed my houses filling up either. Thank you for that info though, Rye!

5. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I've noticed lots being filled up automatically.