1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SimsVIP will be undergoing scheduled server maintenance on December 10, 2016 from 12:01AM Central Time (-6 GMT) until 1:01AM Central Time. During this time, SimsVIP will be offline while crucial server maintenance is performed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

Fanboy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

You are probably thinking dang does this kid ever shut up lol.

I had another four hour session with Sims 4 and I have gone to the dark side of fanboy. The largest reason Sims 4 is capturing my heart is the attention to detail. I have not seen many reviews speak of it but the worlds are beautiful but before I get to that I am going to back up a little. With Sims 4 hearing things like how it was going to be a closed world I was livid and heart broken. I felt that the series was ruined for me and I was highly critical. They claimed that it was a hybrid between a closed world and an open world to which I could not understand. Yes I got that there were public spaces but that to me still was not a hybrid. It was not until I began playing that it made sense. Let me explain something that I have not seen anyone really explain. There is lot to lot loading yes but the public spaces ARE AMAZING they make the world feel less closed/isolated. They are not small boxy spaces to roam around. No they are diverse in shape and sometimes rather large with a staggering amount of eye candy. It is not something that can be properly explained unless playing the game. The element of exploration that I loved in Sim 3 that I KNEW was being taken away was not. I was wrong, these public spaces give enough of an edge of exploration. Now to what my main point is. THE WORLDS ARE GORGEOUS. I can not even express the amount of details that went into making the two worlds. They feel plush and filled to the brim. Each neighborhood is unique and diverse with different features to gaze upon. They have masterfully made it where you know that there are boundaries but it does not feel like boundaries. In fact when you hit a boundary with the camera, it feels ok because what is further ahead distracts as you go ahead to explore the rest of the public space. They are so varied and unique from each hood. There is so much to stare at!? There is SO MUCH Ambiance?! There is SO MUCH FREAKING BEAUTY!!! THERE IS SO MUCH ATMOSPHERE!? I AM ABOUT TO CRY :(. Not a detail has been missed! Like I was in Willow Creek and the trained rolled by there was FREAKING ACCOMPANYING SOUND PEOPLE?! In the past the minor stuff like this was skipped but not this time. First with the blairing horn, then the sound of it on the tracks. LIKE O MY LORD AND SAVIOR. I am now ranting and I apologize. All logic has gone out the window. WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? Like seriously how much time did they spend making these worlds! IT IS OFF THE HIZZY YO!? I think I would do a sexy strip tease for The Sims Team if they asked me too but first I make them sign a waiver of any health loss from trauma.

I thought horrible assumptive things like they switched to the smaller worlds to save time in creating them. UGH NO, they took the time of not having to create a massive world to make a filled to the brim give Cody a freaking heart attack make him want to curl up in a bathtub naked with a bucket of icecream not very manly and cry himself to sleep as he is overwhelmed by its sheer beauty that he is making a ridiculous run on sentence world! I am ashamed and will sit in the corner if needed with an included dunce hat.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    elsing, benji_br, TheAllu and 2 others like this.
  2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

LOL you are so funny!! And yes I feel the same way about the lots- I had thought the same thing when I first got the game but after playing for a few weeks now it doesn't feel "closed".
    When I first looked at the areas around the lots I thought I couldn't go there unless I loaded something, but I started to see random sims walking about having a BBQ at a park behind my house and I thought- hey maybe I can go too and have a BBQ- AND I DID!
    I had thought the boundaries would be were the home property ended, but I was ecstatically wrong.
    Oh I also love the random park benches! It's fun to find my sim outside sitting on a bench people-watching.

benji_br likes this.
  3. Cody

Cody

There are so many dang Sim oriented areas it is FANTASTIC?! Like there is the public gardening space in Willow creek with the nice stone path that leads to it and you are greeted with the little sign that has a tomato on it. Plus the Sims actually use it.....which blows my mind. UGHGH!? Do not even get me started on the benches! Places to sit EVERYWHERE?! Plus they are not all pretty eithier! Sims actually use them, it seems as if they use their surroundings!? It freAKS ME OUT?! In Sims 3 the sims could give two farts less of their surroundings. Create a gorgeous public area and it was like it did not even exist.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I KNOW! Another thing I REALLY like is the fact that there are outdoor lights throughout the lots! It's not just the roads that get lights at night. AHHH

5. Cody

Cody

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW?! There is little landscape lights EVERY WHERE?! PLUS DID YOU NOTIcE HOW WITH THE STREET LIGHTs THERE ARE TINY LITTLE BUGS SWARMING THE LIGHT?! Like in REEAAALL LiFFEEE!!! AHHHHHHH.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  6. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

OMIGAW YES! I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!1!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody likes this.
  7. benji_br

benji_br

@Cody and @uhleeshuh, you two understand me and my enthusiasm so well. I think we're best friends now.

Could not agree more with all that's been said!

uhleeshuh and Cody like this.
  8. benji_br

benji_br

Oh and also, I repeat: I can't imagine how they're going to give us a world editor like CAW cause I can only assume building these worlds are really, really complicated.

uhleeshuh and Cody like this.
  9. Cody

Cody

Sim Besties :D! We will have to have tea and scones together then ignore each other as we going play Sims lol.

Meka3514, uhleeshuh and benji_br like this.
  10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

LOL agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elsing and benji_br like this.