1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Friends are disappearing

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Poedelini, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Poedelini

Poedelini

Once again friends are disappearing from my relationship list. I had a bunch of them, but they all dissapeared. Does anyone know what to do about that? It really ruins my sims 4 experience.

2. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Some of my sims don't show up at all in the relationship panel - played households that are actually the sister/brother etc of my current sim. but then they show up again later. I think they might not show up while that sim is at work. It's something I haven't tested yet by keeping track or anything. (I get distracted easily) I just wait to call them until they show up again.

Poedelini likes this.
  3. Poedelini

Poedelini

Thank you for your reply, i hoped it was that. But on various times they are not back.

My friends are gone for good. Sooo strange and i hate it! Does anyone have the same issue and maybe a solution?

4. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hi,

When the Sims 4 last updated did you remember to remove all Mods and CC before it updated? Sometimes if you leave Mods and CC installed it can sometimes mess up the game. If not then I have a few other suggestions as well :)

Matthew.

Poedelini likes this.
  5. Poedelini

Poedelini

I wish, but i don't use CC or mods. Thanks for the reply anyway.

6. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Ok did you download the Patch that EA released yesterday, the one which came with dishwashers? A lot of people claim that this patch fixed "the Sims disappearing" bug :)

Matthew.

Poedelini likes this.
  7. Poedelini

Poedelini

I had this problem before, i don't know exactly when and wich update fixed it, but yesterday was the first time i had this problem again. Im not sure how late the patch went live yesterday, but i downloaded it yesterday.

8. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

@Poedelini
    So it is the latest update :frowning: That's a problem because unless you have a backed up version even uninstalling the game wouldn't work because it will automatically update to the latest patch :persevere:

I'm going to look in to it for you now. I kinda wish that EA would make a Patch folder in the Sims 4 folder which has each Patch they release inside of it. That way if a latest update is released and it breaks the game you could roll back to the one before :) I create RPG 2d games sometimes using various engines and I had a similar system for one of my projects. I created the system through C# (the hardest thing I ever did) and it worked! I successfully managed to roll my project back to its original version which was stored nice and safe in what I called "Safety Box"
    It wasn't easy but I am sure with a team like EA they could install a system like that easily :)

I will look in to the problem for you now :)

Matthew.

Poedelini likes this.
  9. Poedelini

Poedelini

Yeah when i think back, im like 70% sure it happend after the update. Thanks for looking into the problem!

10. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

Hi @Poedelini

I looked in to it for you and lots of people are having the same issues. Sims are disappearing from their relationship bar, whole families are disappearing and sometimes it happens after Sims go to bed and when they wake up all their relationships are gone! I searched and searched but there doesn't appear to be a fix for this bug yet. I think your best option may be to go to the official Sims forums and create or go to a thread where they're addressing the bug! At least that way the mods will be able to read about the bug and people's experiences making it easier for them to find and fix the bug :)

I will keep checking for a fix, but for now I'm afraid you will have to wait until EA come up with a fix. Sorry mate.

Matthew.

Poedelini likes this.