1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uhleeshuh, Sep 26, 2014.

1. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I don't know about you all, but when I played TS3 I always tried to recreate brownstone housing. Like so:
    [​IMG]
    But it never worked unless I made them all on one big lot and even then it wasn't convenient for me to play.
    I have always loved this kind of neighborhood housing and I was thinking that it would be a great addition to to future TS4 neighborhoods!
    I don't know how it would work especially now since you have to "Travel..." to neighboring lots but maybe they can bring back the dormroom style gameplay like in TS2 or in TS3 Late Night where what wasn't yours was blacked out.
    I think this would create a really cool atmosphere if they were to really go with a city-centered EP in the future (Which I know they will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
    Just thought I would share- I've been thinking about it!

elsing and benji_br like this.
  2. simb0t

simb0t

I like it - maybe they'll add a TS2 style apartments EP where this could be a possibility.

uhleeshuh and benji_br like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

Being born and raised in a big city, I am always eager to see an urban atmosphere in my game. I vote yes for apartments!

uhleeshuh likes this.
  4. elsing

elsing

I say 9 out of 10 of my lots try to recreate this look as I'm such a big fan of city living style. it's a shame TS4 has no basement option and only 3 floors to build as these are useful when building lots like this.
    Apartments would be amazing I agree, and I always liked the way the other apartments were completely blacked out in 3 so try to apply this to my brownstone, townhouse style lots even if it's just black floor and walls.

It's hard to know what's better, making the whole lot liveable, just one floor liveable or having blacked out areas.

I can barely remember apartments in Sims 2 but I do remember having trouble getting them to work properly in Sims 3. I Mostly ended up with paparazzi pillow fighting in the communal areas all day long. No idea why as my residents weren't even celebrities and this happened every time.

uhleeshuh likes this.
  5. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

lol! @elsing !!
    I would have to say that I think the option of having the whole lot liveable but having what's not yours blacked out. I feel this could be done like in TS2 (if I remember correctly) where you claimed your room and then as others starting claiming theirs, it would black the room out. I think this would be a super cool option to bring back actually- the more I think about it!
    You build up the lot and have special apt doors for each apt, and wait for sims to move in! (Side note: This would be cool for if/when a vaction ep comes out- use that logic for hotels!)
    Maybe you would have to be a landlord to do this though? I mean you already bought the lot when you moved your sim in anyway? Or if you've made a lot set to an apt when you move a sim in you can have the option to buy the whole place or rent? Idk!

And as for the multiple venue idea I think this would be SO cool Imma drool!! They can set it up as Primary and Secondary (-optional). Since creating a commlot in TS4 now requires you to have certain objects and certain numbers of them, this would make it soo easy to establish a home business, if/when they come out with an Open for Business ep. You could have a Home Primary, Bakery Secondary. BOOM.
    I think it would be functional like this.

Also for anything like this type of neighborhood style to work, they need to make lots closer together, or make lots way larger to where (like we're discussing) we can build multiple places on one lot. If the lots aren't close together, then to me, the atmosphere isn't right. And TS4 seems to really focus on the atmosphere! It's all out or nothing!!!

benji_br likes this.
  6. benji_br

benji_br

@uhleeshuh, I think we were born to be producers in an Open for Business EP for TS4.

Gabe, elsing, uhleeshuh and 1 other person like this.
  7. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

LOL! I love love love OFB! And I think what I laid out there would make it work like it did before and bring something new to the table so it's not just a refreshed ep for the new game.
    When I seen that bakery lot up for grabs in TS3 I almost wet myself because I was like YES my sims can get paid for a hobby that I've made they love (lul) but I never got it to frickin work! Other sims would just come on to the lot to get food out of the fridge and not buy anything! wth?!
    A lot of skills available in the games you can produce things with them and make money for it- painting, writing, musical instruments, sculpting, inventing, mechanical, programming, gardening and soo oooon but why can't sims even be allowed to just sell plates of food they've made?! Like plants!
    Plus why would they introduce Gourmet Cooking if it isn't gonna be used for anything in this series??
    I can see an OFB ep in the future. I'm gonna bust a nut if they don't.

Gabe, elsing, Meka3514 and 1 other person like this.
  8. elsing

elsing

@benji_br I would be really surprised if they don't , of all the expansion packs it feels like this one is the most requested. I don't see it being the first but really think it ught to be in their, they owe it to us fans that waited paitiently all the time we had Sims 3 and never quite got what we wanted.

And yeah if the Sims producers want to offer me a job creating it sure I will go for it too :D

benji_br likes this.
  9. benji_br

benji_br

Hehehe maybe we should pitch them our ideas and see what happens.

Gabe likes this.
  10. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

@benji_br @elsing ,We should! Lay it all out there what harm could come from it?!! Let's do thiissss * death metal growl*
    I have to go to work in an hour so I don't have time to type out what all I wanted to right now- so wait! I'll be back before 8am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabe and benji_br like this.