1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Gamescom 2015 Speculations!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kit, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

If you haven't heard yet, The Sims 4 is confirmed to be "preparing" for Gamescom (August 5th-August 9th)

What do -you- think they'll announce?! All speculation is welcome.

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

My money is on an expansion pack anouncement. The time is right and we know that neither Sarah nor Graham have worked on whatever it is, so it can't be a Stuff Pack or a Game Pack.
    The only alternative I can see would be a console version. But those have always been done by separate studios outside of Maxis. And since it feels like Daniel might be involved in this project, it has to come from within Maxis.
    I guess a Spin-Off would also be possible. Sims Medieval was also anounced at Gamescom, one year after Sims 3 came out. But Medieval didn't make nearly enough money for EA to ever consider another Spin-Off, I think.

Many are hoping for Toddlers, but honestly, I don't think they should get their hopes up. When Toddlers make their return, a convention really wouldn't be the best place to anounce that.

Esnes Nommoc, ShaylaJ and benji_br like this.
  3. gagasluxury

gagasluxury

I think an expansion pack too. maybe even a DLC store but I hope not. IMO its too early in the series for a spin off game like sims stories/medieval.

4. Cinderellimouse

Cinderellimouse

*bounces in like an excited puppy, tumbles over self and slides across the shiny forum floor*

They could announce multiple things! I think they will almost certainly announce the next expansion pack: the timing would be perfect for a usual autumn release! I've already convinced myself that they will announce they are patching in toddlers (the thinking may be wishful, but every time you make a wish a fairy gets it's wings!). I hadn't considered the idea that they will announce a spin-off or a console version but that sounds plausible, I don't think they've announce SimGuruKelly's seeeeeeekret project yet! >__> <__< >__>

Maybe they'll announce an optional multiplayer version or feature? A lot of people still want it, and it would be 'safer' for EA now that people are feeling more comfortable with the existing offline game.

Kit, benji_br, HazzaPlumbob and 2 others like this.
  5. CleverBox

CleverBox

I am holding out hope for an Expansion Pack announcement. Either a Generations themed pack (including toddlers) or a Nightlife/Late Night theme. But again, this is just my wishlist.

If we don't get a new Expansion Pack from Gamescom, I'm guessing either a new spin-off title or (I dread to think) some sort of premium membership announcement.

Cinderellimouse, I would LOVE an optional multiplayer element to the game, I have been wanting that for years. But again, that is something else that is on my wishlist. (I have a theory that The Sims 4 base game started out life as a fully multiplayer, online game, then the disaster of SimCity forced them to quickly change tactics, but that's a story for another thread.)

ShaylaJ, benji_br and missmf2 like this.
  6. knewt93

knewt93

Hoping/Wishing for toddlers in a generations like expansion.
    Another one I would like to see could be seasons.
    But really I am just hoping for toddlers!

ShaylaJ, irobynz and Kalibobali like this.
  7. andrew99

andrew99

I think they will announce the second expansion pack. We know they will release it by april 2016. And though it might be released next year, I think they will release it later this year. So, in my opinion, they will announce it at the gamescom. (Or maybe some days before)

8. HazzaPlumbob

HazzaPlumbob

I'm hoping that they're going to announce a Create a world tool as well as the second Expansion pack and maybe even an optional Online/multiplayer feature too!

Esnes Nommoc and hellojewby like this.
  9. Naninasims

Naninasims

Well, whetever it is i really hope the game will continue be offline and will not exist online game/multiplayer (or since a few people want it, let it be at least optional) because for me The Sims have their magic like they're now.
    And for sure, I do think it will be the announcement of a new Expansion Pack (Toddlers/Generations, Late Night or Pets). And let it be it, loved GTW :3

ShaylaJ and irobynz like this.
  10. missmf2

missmf2 Site Supporter

I would be happy with them announcing either Seasons, or Pets.. But, I am starting to think a Seasons type , would actually be a game pack VS. expansion.. In my brain its just an add on of temperature and some animations right? lol I don't know really... Just want sunburns and things to go with being sick.. hMM That could work.. lol I would prefer seasons because that would add alot to what we have already..Hot tubs and pools and gardening.. :-D-Purely Speculation :-D

ShaylaJ likes this.