1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Game won't load household/work after installing Spa Day

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Spa Day' started by Kalibobali, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

My game is already terribly glitchy but nothing game breaking. After installing Spa Day now my game won't even let me into a household. It loads up the save but won't let me play my family. It worked fine until i sent my sim to work at the police station and hit join. It took me to the map instead of the station. I tested with another save game and sent another one of my sims to work at the police station but it won't load that either.

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

Do you have any mods or custom content installed?

3. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Interestingly enough, I have heard reports of this issue pretty often after Spa Day, at least compared to how often I would hear about it before Spa Day, which was almost never. It seems like there are multiple ways to fix the issue somehow, but you never actually know which one will help you. In one case, removing an outdated mod and restarting the game solved it. In others it was as easy as going back to the main menu once. And then there are other cases when the save files seem to be corrupt and can't be rescued at all. They fixed that issue once already, back in December. But since then is has somehow come back and it seems like they haven't found the reason why yet.

Crinrict has a few fixes that might or might not help you. Some of those are in german, so I will quickly put them through Google Translate for you.

Number 1:

Please follow the following steps to fix the problem
    Set Origin in offline mode.
    Control all lots in the worlds and make sure that no lots have the type General.
    If you find such a lot, you must first throw Sims living in it out of the house and then go into the building mode to adjust the lot type.
    Have your Sims move in again
    Save your game with a new name.
    Check whether the game is loading now. If not. controll again all lots
    If everything works, you can go back online.
    If there are problems in the online mode still, controll again all lots
    Number 2:

Something that might help is the factory reset: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
    If you do this, I would suggest also having Origin repair the game before starting with the factory reset. Just as an extra thing to make sure everything is back to factory.

Number 3:

This thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...-Map-again-PLEASE-READ-FIRST-POST/m-p/4672173
    There are quite a few possible fixes in the very first post.

Number 4:

Always stupid having to do this, but reinstalling the game can get rid of a lot of bugs that occur randomly.

One of these will probably at least allow you to use a new save properly. Though, your old save may be lost until they fix it again if none of the above manage to rescue it. Something you can do to help finding a solution for this, is uploading your save file to somewhere and posting the link on the thread in the Answer HQ that I have posted as number 3. The more saves are made available to the developers, the more likely it is for them to be able to reproduce and fix the issue.

Kit likes this.
  4. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

Thank you so much for the suggestions. i'll start trying them. Just to answer the other question i don't use mods or custom content. Do you know if theres a way to put back my current save files after reinstalling the game? Also this is really weird but i tried some things yesterday to fix it and tried loading my games and it still didn't work. Then it seemed like randomly when i loaded it again it worked. I was able to load both of my save files yesterday just fine. then today the problem came back again out of nowhere. Not sure what that means or if it makes any difference but at this point im seriously considering reinstalling. I just don't want to lose my legacy for good.

5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

You can always take your 'Saves' folder out of your 'Sims 4' folder and put it somewhere else to keep it safe. Afterwards you can just put it back where you took if from.
    But if the save games themselves are causing the issue, reinstalling probably won't help either. In that case you would have to try some of the other suggestions.