1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Lagging so bad!!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Discxnnectedhan, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Discxnnectedhan

Please help me, my game is lagging so much!! It's almost like my game is on a time delay. For example, my Sims are supposed to start work at 9am and finish at 5pm. But when 9am comes I can't send my Sim to work, the briefcase button thing doesn't appear. (Sorry for my lack of jargon, I'm not very technical.) but yeah, it finally appears around 10:30am-ish and they don't arrive home until like 7pm.

Even when I'm telling my Sims to talk to another or walk somewhere it takes them like 5 minutes to do it. If I pause the game for a minute or two and then play it again, it then works, but soon the lag is back and it's annoying and irritating to have to pause the game every 5 minutes because of the lag!!

PLEASE HELP!! What can I do to stop this happening? Do I need to uninstall it and re-install it (if so, will my save games still be there because origin or will I need to restart everything again?).

P.S. I don't use mods or Custom Content so that can't be causing it.
  2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

From what it sounds like, your computer seems to have a hard time catching up with the game. First of all, you should make sure that all of your drivers, but most importantly your Graphics Card driver, are up to date. Then the most important question is, do you meet the minimum requirements here (PC) or here (Mac)? If you don't, there is really not much you can do, as the game wasn't build to run on computers slower than that. If you do, have you tried lowering your graphics settings?
    If the game shows the same behaviour even on lowest settings even though you surpass the minimum requirements, one thing you can try is to start a new save file and check if the same issues keep occuring. If the problem is gone, your save file might possibly be corrupted, but if the issues still remain in a fresh save, the only thing that remains is to try and reinstall the game.
    If even that can't resolve the issue and your computer should be able to run the game without any issues, your problem might come down to hardware incompatibility. In that case, you should report your issue and your computer specs in the Sims 4 section of the EA Answer HQ, so that the developers have the chance to take a look at the problem.
    benji_br and jeLlyBeAn1573 like this.