1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest GT Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get Together' started by Amberae564, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Amberae564

Amberae564

I've seen a lot of people recommend GT over GTW and I just don't understand. I think that GT didn't add that much in terms of new gameplay. And I'm already tired of the club aspect.

In terms of gameplay the only things that I consider to be new are as follows; being able to use a turntable, the interactions with the bonfire, wondering the maze and the diving board. It just feels like there's nothing new to do with GT so I don't understand how so many people recommend it over GTW to someone who is looking to do more things in the game.

The club aspect is also very gimmicky to me. If I'm trying to play with generations of sims and the sims in the old clubs die they don't generate new sims to be in the clubs I have to manually add them. I also think that the club system is a way for them to fix how dumb the sims are and how broken the group gatherings are. Why do I have to create a club in order for my sim's friends to want to talk to her, get drinks and dance when they're at a nightclub during a group outing? That's what they're supposed to want to do.

And all of these "unique" clubs because it get old really fast. A club that woohoos and fights. A club that is constantly breaking stuff. After a day I was over it. It's a novelty.

This pack had a lot of stuff and to me not a lot of substance.

2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Hey Amber! That is a complete valid opinion. I agree that in terms of interacting gameplay, Get Together was found wanting. The Arcade Machine, diving platform, DJ Booth, Dance Floor, Bonfire, and ect were all fun additions to the game but not what we're used to with the expansion concept. I believe the expansions are hoping to be used as a means of expanding the gameplay further with limitless possibilities instead of just adding more stuff. Such as many favorites like Seasons and Pets, expansions should be a way to alter the game as a whole across all worlds and households. I feel that the Clubs in Get Together really did that compared to the Get To Work content that was solely focused on single Sim playstyle. The retail system expanded the game of course in that every single item in the catalog can be sold, so I can see how it was worth the expansion.

With clubs, I've used them more than I thought I would. I can see how you would feel that they were fixing a 'broken' system. Maybe they were! But in doing so, they also gave more control to the player for NPC Sims not in the household and that in itself was a big deal to me. To be able to tell another Sim that's not in my household to go sit over here and eat this with my Sim is a nice change of pace instead of chasing them around the lot. Lol. The patch before Get Together also added the group system which lets you add Sims to your group instead of having to make a club, and it's for base game not just Get Together. This to me felt like a great idea but it also seemed to lower the value of the Club System. I was disappointed that random Sims would not join clubs.

The world is what really blew the expansion out of the water for me compared to Get To Work. I feel that it's set the bar for future worlds with the background/history of the lots. I hated the original 'hidden' lots because of their restrictions, and I'm glad to see that they left those out in Windenburg. Even with loading screens, they succeeded in making very immersive areas such as Chalet Gardens as their own full neighborhoods. The world is massive compared to the others, and it's not flat which is a major complaint I have about the others. It feels 3D.

So, to kinda sum up. I feel positively about the expansion. The idea of clubs being expanded further with the game as we get more packs, patches, and content is what an "Expansion" pack should be. I was hoping for more gameplay objects such as a pool table (which I was disappointed about), but I do feel that it had much more content and expansion for the game than Get To Work for social/family Sims players than the single Sim active career. But I love both of them, personally, because I play in different ways depending on my mood, so there's that. Lol.

3. Amberae564

Amberae564

I agree that the world is gorgeous and massive (sometimes I think that it might be too big lol, speaking of, I cant wait until we get bikes or scooters.)

I think that we got a lot of new items and clothes and I am grateful for that.

The GTW expansion added 3 new careers, being able to run a store, aliens, shopping etc. In my opinion Get Together didn't add anything new for my sims to do or to discover. I think I would have appreciated this expansion pack more if it was released later on when there was more for things for my sims to do.

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I too, can see what a lot of people feel this EP is lacking. Other than the club system, nothing besides the new world affect the game in its entirety like previous EPs. So if you don't utilize the club system, it would probably seem like a glorified GP. Personally, I like GT and the club system. I like having my sims friends come over, and like Kit said being able to control them as a group in a way. Would I have picked Seasons or Pets above this? Yes. In a heartbeat. Having played it, would I go back and still buy it? Absolutely.

However... the one thing that drives me bananas about the EP is the phone calls and texts that my sim gets. I like getting them, but it's every night and each member of the club calls to invite my sim to the party. It's really annoying. I tried "silencing" my phones, but apparently that does nothing but add some squiggly lines around my phone icon. It still rings. Let me turn my sims cell phone OFF!! PLEASE!!

That is all. Thank you for allowing me to vent for a minute.

Kit likes this.
  5. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@Mitchi32 I agree! Silencing your phone should turn off texts for a while and when you turn them back on, you get the last 3 texts you missed or such. They are nice for a while, but not every night. Also, I haven't seen all of them I'm sure, but do you know if there are any angry ones where a Sim will yell at your Sim if they are nemesis? That would be fun! "YOU FOILED MY PLANS AGAIN!" Lol.

6. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Yeah, I agree that there's not a lot going for the EP (especially since there's no new lifestate) but I do use Windenburg all the time now plus all the new Build Mode stuff. SO MUCH BUILD MODE STUFF. But that's really all I use. Hopefully the next EP will be more in-depth.

7. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

My gameplay might be boring for some simmers... because I generally like to have everyone get along. lol. I don't really use the evil or mean traits and discourage that kind of socialization in my clubs, so... I don't know! haha. I don't have any enemies or anything at all in my game right now! o_O

8. Mendota

Mendota Site Supporter

I like both expansions. I really like get to work because of the way it could be modded. I really am enjoying all the new modded live careers, and the going to school mod. Get together, well I agree with Kit, at least it is a way to keep a group together. In other games I had to use mods that would allow me to select visiting and NPC sims. We don't have that type of mod (yet) in Sims 4. so the club system really helps there.

I guess in the end I can appreciate them trying new things, and I like that the game is still not too big or complicated. In Sims 2 a lot of those extras, such as scripted restaurants were nice, but they could take up a lot of time, especially if there were routing issues. And the headmaster script got old real fast, particularly when the "headmaster" would go out to play on the swings instead of coming to dinner. I find the Sims 4 much easier to manage and for that I am grateful.

9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Get Together is about getting together and get to work is a bout working its a simple concept and that's why these to packs are named that way. as for my thoughts on witch is better I say get both they both add something to the game that is very much needing content.

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  10. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

The thing with get together was that tehr tried to act on the complaine thtat ther is not enough todo for our sims outside of worke AKA the freetime aspect of our sims was expended! Its like ther sayed an expension for he heart of the game the corsysthem! I personly love it!The expension is realy good and i LOVE the club systhem! I use it often. I love this expension and it helps with some of the stuff i want todo ingame! Im an famalie player andfor me it wa sa siggn that ther start to add more for famalie players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!