1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Get Other Sims In The Pools??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meka3514, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Meka3514

Meka3514

Hi Everyone,

I was curious if anyone else was having trouble getting other Sims not in your household into the pools. I thought you'd be able to click on a Sim and 'Ask to Join', as in previous installments of the Sims, but that option doesn't exist. I go to a Community lot with a pool and nobody's swimming. I have a house party, and make all my Sims get in the pool, thinking the guests would join in and they just stand there. Ugh, it's driving me crazy. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just in my game?

2. greeneyedsims

greeneyedsims Site Supporter

I have same issue in my game. My Sims cant afford pools yet, at home..so I downloaded a community pool from the gallery. I had to make this lot a bar lot, just so other sims would visit. Now, its got a nice amount of Sims that come when my sims go to visit there...the place is hopping, except still...no one is using the pool. They're all at the bar, watching tv (use penguin tv, less attractive to them), chatting. I like that there is more sims on the lot, more energy there..so I wont change it back to generic lot, like it was.

So with this change, I notice there might be one sim that autonomously uses the pool but its rare. I send my active sim to the pool to swim, and then I "Call Over" sims ..and they all start changing into swimwear and jumping into the pool. I thought 'wow, okay!!'

But they only stay in there for a brief minute, if I dont engage them in some conversation or something. They will climb out and leave. And the minute my sims convo is over with them..they get out and leave the pool. Its kind of a bummer.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  3. Meka3514

Meka3514

Thanks for the tip....I will try the 'Call Over' action. The pools are pretty to look at, but even my own Sims don't stay in the pool very long. It's frustrating.

4. Hopefully a new "Invite to pool" or something along those lines is added in a patch or further pack.

Meka3514 likes this.
  5. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Since the last patch, Sims should use pools a lot more frequently and a lot longer. Their priority has been upped. Still, if there are many other activities available on a lot, Sims might prefer those over the pool. In general you can ask Sims to join once your Sim is in the pool, just like you can while your Sim is dancing.
    To create an actual pool lot, I suggest not adding any objects that satisfy the Fun need other than the pool itself and having it in the very center of the lot, so Sims will never be very far away from it. This should trigger the pool interactions for autonomous Sims more frequently. This works best if you download a mod from MTS that either lifts the requirements for public lots or adds a pool venue.

Venue: Community Pool
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=544392

No Venue Requirements
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543444