1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

I can not login to Origin (solved)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Werewolfgirl120, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Werewolfgirl120

Werewolfgirl120

I has solve the problem it is my internet router or my Hugh net gen 4 together that will not let me login so I has unplug it for a couple days or more to cool it down sooo am at a Hampton inn to test there Wi-Fi so it work

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

Has this been resolved for you? Origin tends to go offline often so issues are expected.

3. Werewolfgirl120

Werewolfgirl120

resolved? what do u mean by that? ohs i look at my EA account on the original website it said this

"Important Notice:
    In the coming months your EA Account and profile will be upgraded to a new Origin™ Account. Your identity, order history and preferences will remain unchanged and we will notify you via email when this transition takes place. Learn more about Origin™

Updates made to an Origin account through a web browser will not show up in the Origin PC application until a user logs out of the application, then logs back in."

is that the reason why i cannot login to origin? and when i try to login on firefox to origin it give me this crap Secure Connection Failed i never had a problem like that and my origin update is on
    Version 9.8.3

i has never had problem like this on window 7 until my main computer got crash so i had to get a cheap window 8 laptop until my main computer is fix but that not the reason tho i wish they would fix origin so i can play sim 4 its been weeks sense i has not played it sense that update on origin

4. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Have you recently updated your Anti-Virus program?

Your firewall may be blocking Origin from connecting.

5. Werewolfgirl120

Werewolfgirl120

no i do not has a anit-virus i has taking that off and i just turn off firewall and that did not work it still say that same thing

6. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Have you contacted EA?

I've called a couple times with issues, and they were helpful.

7. Werewolfgirl120

Werewolfgirl120

can u tell what they told you? when i try to contacted to EA my firefox give me this Secure Connection Failed that also when i try to login to the website has will....

8. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I didn't call them about this issue.
    I follow the advise on the forum that I messaged you and ensured all my ports were open. Apparently when I upgrade my anti-virus, it closed all the ports required for Origin.

9. Werewolfgirl120

Werewolfgirl120

were
    were can i find the ports on my window 8 laptop? my main window 7 pc computer is crash right now until i can get that fix to having it restore it back like new

10. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I honestly don't remember... i just did it step by step like they explained.