1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a Dell Gamers Laptop with a touchpad -- Sims4 does not like it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stillie418, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Stillie418

Stillie418

I have used this laptop with Sims3 and all the exp packs, worlds and other packs with no problems at all. I bought Sims4 and I can't even rotate a lot so I can build and furnish it. I have no way to view the whole lot from the top and zoom in to finish it off like you can in Sims3.

I am also annoyed at the way EA, in all its mindlessness, has taken all the options from sims3 that made it a great game and threw it in the trash. So far, I am seriously disappointed in Sims 4 and find myself thoroughly frustrated with it. EA should have put in tutorials on how to maneuver around rather then rehash all the same stuff we already know from playing other versions of the Sims.

I have been a dedicated fan of all things Sims since its inception. I have bought and played every version of this game and find myself at an impasse wondering if EA has lost another fan in myself.

Any help out there in how to navigate this game without the use of a mouse would be a great kindness.

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

You can always go into the options and switch back to the Sims 3 camera. This is mentioned in the same tutorial that explains how to use the Sims 4 camera. I do not know if this will allow you to use the touchpad the same way you could for Sims 3 as I never played any Sims game without a mouse.
    If what you are asking for are the buttons for camera movement that have always been located in the bottom left, they are still there. Go to the upper right and click on the camera icon to open those buttons up.

Jarron likes this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

I've had problems with my touchpad in games (specially Sim City), I called Dell and their answer was simple: My PC is not a gaming computer, so not everything will work if I try to use games. And since the touchpad works perfectly fine with other softwares, they don't call it a hardware malfunction.

Anyway, I got a mouse (which I do not like) and it works perfectly. It takes some getting used to, now I'm fine with it.

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Ninja Staff Member

Have you looked at upgrading your drivers for the touchpad ?