1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

I Know The Sims 4 Just Came Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greeneyedsimmer, Sep 25, 2014.

1. greeneyedsimmer

greeneyedsimmer

And I am abolutely loving it! The art style is fabulous and the emotions really do make game play more interesting and in depth.

But am I the only one who is wondering when the first expansion pack will be announced?

elsing and Cody like this.
  2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I'm already ready for about 3 EPs, 2 SPs and some kind of store! :p Gameplay wise, I'm perfectly happy with just the basegame right now, but when it comes to building... yeah, I really need more content there!

elsing, benji_br and Cody like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

I am too! Can't wait to see what the future holds.

4. Cody

Cody

I am defiantly ready. I am not one of those who comes to a new Sims expecting many things. I understand the transition of going from an establish game with a long history to just a basegame. However there are some really basic things missing o_O! I think they did a very good job making the selection of things well rounded but there are some gaps that are frustrating. Like why is there not a normal telescope and microscope. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the current microscope/telescope I think they are neat but we now have mostly rather small lots. Where am I supposed to put those gigantic monsters? The very few build/buy mode styles does not frustrate me because they obviously went to great lengths to make it cohesive and cover the entire spectrum of style. I like being able to match an entire house like on one of those fancy magazines. I love the Classic Victorian/Rustic/Modern catalog we have but I do hope they implement regular furniture STAT. One last tid bit I am happy with is that they made the windows/doors cohesive. Ah Sims 3 drove me up the wall giving a nice window but no other windows matched. The windows/doors in Sims 4 have great versatility. They did an AWESOME JOB so far and it makes me beyond happy to see the areas they excel in. Like the rug selection!? AHHHH!!!! There are so many rugs off the get go. Now I am just rambling and I apologize. I went to bed at five in the morning playing Sims 4 *cough* then had to get up at eight to run errands....just blabbing over here with no paragraph structure lol. Anyways.....I hope with the first EP they focus on filling in the gaps instead of just being swept away by a concept. Sims 4 for me feels rather complete and just needs a little more....! SO PLEASE PLEASE LET THE FIRST EP BE the one that makes the game complete for me!

Meka3514 and benji_br like this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

Actually, I think if they gave me another world right away, maybe I could wait a liiiiittle bit more until an EP.

Meka3514 and Cody like this.
  6. Gabe

Gabe

I haven't purchased it yet---I am waiting. However, I am a bit nervous, as I have read a lot of negative reviews, and certainly hope they include some sort of story progression. But, I'd love to see an expansion for the game that expands on the concepts delivered to us in Sims 2: Open for Business. One of my favs since the beginning---and I have been playing since the original.

uhleeshuh and Cody like this.
  7. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

OPEN FOR BUSINESS FTW!

Meka3514, Gabe and benji_br like this.
  8. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Personally, I hope they take their time with expansions and concentrate on patching out bugs and patching in content for the next couple of months. But realistically speaking, we'll probably see the first expansion within the first quarter of next year. February would be my best guess. EA could pull a slave driver on Maxis and push out a first expansion just in time for christmas, but I doubt that. EA already has some things in store for making that glorious christmas money and considering the negative backslash Sims 4 got from so many people (who, for a very big part, haven't actually played the game themselves, mind you, but that doesn't really matter in this case) they would probably want a few things to cool down before hitting the market with the first expansion. Doesn't really fit their usual approach, would they actually do that.

But enough of that rambling. I would really love to get a kind of Downtown Expansion as a first expansion. I know, that would be rehashing, the same Expansion for the fourth time, but let's face it, some expansions just have to be remade. We all want to have weather and pets at some point, don't we? I just really want some more places to take out my couples on dates. I loved the way they did Sims 2 Nightlife. Bowling alleys and restaurants would make wonderful additions to Sims 4. It could come with a more city-like world or even a world that is completely dedicated to community lots.

Cody and Gabe like this.
  9. Gabe

Gabe

A downtown expansion could certainly dovetail nicely into a Open for Business type expansion setup! Players could have options to own businesses of different types in the downtown area e.g. restaurants, entertainment, retail ect. A very tasty enterprise in my opinion!

10. Cody

Cody

I would love a a nightlife/hotdate/late night expansion pack just for the sake of having a place to eat out. Besides grilling my sims do not really have a place to go out to eat. The chips at the bar is nice but that is not a meal. I am tired of having my sims never being able to eat out :(.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    elsing, Gabe and uhleeshuh like this.