1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas For "Get to School" and Preteens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghjdi, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Ghjdi

Ghjdi

Hey everyone, I was just thinking about the most recent survey and the idea of both the generations and back to school expansions and I said why not make a thread about some ideals for them. I'm mostly thinking about the life stage of preteens because it would technically be new to the sims and the possible Get to School expansion.

I was thinking of how they would be game play wise, like what would they be able to do that child and teen sims can't already do? I mostly gained ideas from previous sims games (The Sims 2, The Sims), and even The Sims Freeplay.

What if for preteens they brought back acne, crushes, writing in a diary game play features? I mean with GTW they already have it so sick sims can get spots and swirly rashes, right? Preteens can have their own set of aspirations too. They could expand upon the child sim aspirations and carry over to the teen and adult life stages. Traits, maybe they could start off with two traits like teen sims. As for the emotions they could be moody, maybe even rebellious, and have their own interactions specific to them in regards to other sims. For instance they could ask their parents for a higher allowance. Maybe they could get embarrassed easily. Maybe they could play pranks on other sims (though that doesn't really have to be age specific). I could think of more things but they are more for a Generations expansion than just a preteen life stage.

Also I would imagine preteen having their own clothing categories in CAS, as wells as objects that only they could use.

As for the possible Get to School expansion, do you guys see it as a game pack or expansion pack? Also how would it be done? I know there is a mod out for it now but would you want it like the mod, where you place the lot in the neighborhood, or like done like the hospital, detective, and science lab in GTW?

On the one hand I like the idea of it done like GTW, where you'll be asked if you want to join your sim at school. There could be a Elementary and High school in this separate new neighborhood that can only be accessed when you follow your sim to school. You'll have to use a cheat to edit the schools though.

On the other hand schools could be done like the mod. Make or download/place the school lot in any neighborhood and set the lot type to elementary/high school. I like this idea the most actually.

New career as a teacher sounds fun. I don't want it like The Sims 3: University Life where they just sat in class and raised their hand every now and then or go to a rabbit hole for class. I want it to be more interactive. Maybe go on field trips and have events at the school. They could have annual dances that could be edited like the festival lots in The Sims 3: Seasons.

Anyway what do you guys think?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Mitchi32, benji_br and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  2. benji_br

benji_br

All great ideas! I'd love to have a new life stage in the game, specially because I was not very pleased with the lack of personality the teen stage has in TS4.

I like what you said about exclusive aspirations to pre-teens, like children have. That would be awesome. It could be something like something fun inclined (kids who will not do their homework, play videogames and pranks) and at the same time have the option to raise a responsible kid (do homework and chores), all having impact in future life stages.

And yes, Get to Work laid down the path of all future content regarding following sims in their activities and I would love to have this system to follow my sims to school. I can't think of specific things I'd like to see at schools (specially because I come from a different culture, so I wouldn't really know what to expect from an American school experience like the game would present). Field trips would be great, maybe study groups, science fairs and art shows would be cool.

Ghjdi and Mitchi32 like this.
  3. Ghjdi

Ghjdi

Thanks! I like your idea of science fairs and art shows! Maybe science fairs can deal with the collectibles in the game and art show can feature painting/drawings the kid sims made. That'll be awesome! I just though about sims having food fights.

Hopefully if and when vehicles come back they could make a bus stop for child/preteen/teen sims to walk to in the neighborhoods in the morning (adds a touch of realism).

benji_br and Mitchi32 like this.
  4. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I thinks Teens in Sims 4 are more later-aged teens (17-19 year olds) since they don't have acne and are the same height as adults so it makes perfect sense for a Pre-Teen age group (which would be 13-16, IMO).

They definitely should get acne, crushes and random mood swings. The Teens we have now are a little more mature and are getting to the point in their life where, well, hormones don't rule their bodies. A little more mellow. Pre-Teens should have all that Teens had in Sims 3 Generation.

However, I think Pre-Teens should either have the same Aspiration as Teens and Adults have or the same as the Children's Aspirations, just with their own special lifestage exclusive part. Children should also get more Aspirations to accommodate this.

As for Get to School, I would really love to go to my Sims' schools, including college. We can get Sim kids in an elementary/middle school where Child and Pre-Teens go to school, then we can have high school for the Teens, and college for everyone else. Maybe even tack on some Generations stuff and be able to enroll the kids in different technical schools and a real private academy (which may or may not be like a boarding school). College campus can be its own world like in Sims 2 which completely moves out the Sim while private school still keeps the kids in the household.

The schools would be their own private worlds, like in GTW.

It would be really nice to be able to meet Sims from different schools out in the world. For boarding school kids, it would be nice to be able to send and get care packages and handwritten letters. (They would probably be there the entire week and go home on weekends and maybe holidays if we get them.)

The school idea can also be expanded into other games, like a witchery school if they ever introduce Witches and such. And it would be cool to have a homeschool option. There's a lot of potential in a Get to School EP here.

Ghjdi, benji_br and Mitchi32 like this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think a get to school would be awesome. It wouldn't be too hard since kids in the sims go to school all ready. It would be awesome if you follow your kid in school like you can follow your sim to work with some jobs.

Kit likes this.
  6. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

Yeah but ther should consider making it so that randomnice EVERY AGE GROUIP beside children toodlers and babys when ther add toddlers can get Acne if ther donte have good hygian

7. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Any teenager can get acne even with good hygiene. I don't think they'd add that.

Pre-teen I'm not very excited about. Maybe because my kids are growing up too fast in real life already. Lol. But give me toddlers, and I'll be the happiest Simmer you've ever known. And that's pretty dang happy considering I am such a fangirl sometimes. Lol.

8. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Whats a fangirl? I heard of fanboy before and I know I am one even though im not a boy age wise anymore.

9. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

fangirling is a term for when you get really excited about something you really like, or being almost obsessive about something/someone.

Think of groups like One Direction fans. But it's become very popular for everyone now... if you're a really big Peyton Manning fan (as I am - he is the Quarterback for the Denver Broncos) and had his jerseys and a signed helmet and wore Broncos gear every time they played and maybe planned a road trip to another country so you could go see them... etc. I'd be fangirling.

Or in this instance... getting excited at everything Sims related because you love it that much. :)

I hope that's a good explanation!

10. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

This! @AtomicSimmer Basically a long time ago, someone I didn't even know in an MMO whispered me and said "OMG KIT FANGIRL SCREAM" and I was like "What?" XD Ever since then, I've been using the phrase for anything I get all ... squeal-y about. Which is pretty much anything Sims and GW2. Lol.