1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone else with me on this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laspyra, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Laspyra

Laspyra

I was dead set on not buying The Sims 4. For some reason this past week, despite my better judgement, I have been really wanting to buy it. I don't know what changed. I still don't like how a lot of the features I think should have been base game will be missing and some most likely never added. Anyone else feeling the same way as me? I'm going to try to be strong and resist temptation. I wanted to at least wait until it's on sale and I've seen real reviews and such. It's probably just the whole "new game bug" or whatever.

Judy likes this.
  2. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I was exactly the same, right up until about 3 weeks ago. I even had full pros/cons lists going. I don't know what done it, but something inside me just clicked, and all of a sudden, I was just really excited at the idea of being able to start a whole new simming adventure. So I pre-ordered, and I haven't regretted it for a second.

SimfulSimmer and Judy like this.
  3. Judy

Judy

I'm in the same boat emotionally but I'm still going to wait for a sale. I think? :confused:

4. Mama_Lamb_ NC

Mama_Lamb_ NC

I was when they first announced it way back in what was it? Last year? But as time crawled forward & the more I heard about it....I finally caved in June & pre-ordered it from Amazon. Since then, I've been like a tick on a hound with the Sims 4 sites & forums....I can't get enough information! Now it's 2 days away & I'm all kinds of happy!

5. Mattyboi

Mattyboi

The only thing that initially restricted me from buying the game was the price. While I love the game, I personally don't think the game is worth 60.00 dollars or more. I would set the game at 40.00 and expansions 20.00 or less. The game looks amazing, but 60.00 isn't easy to come by for most and some don't want to wait just because of it.

Luckily, I raised and saved up enough money to buy it myself. I hate asking my parents for stuff I don't need. I really wanted this game though, so I had to find another way.

6. Laspyra

Laspyra

Thanks for all the replies! At least I know I'm not alone. I agree that $60 is a lot to pay. It's nice to see different opinions and to see how you guys are dealing with it. I think I can resist. Maybe I need to make a pros/cons list myself.

7. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

I never considered not buying it. I can understand why others did though. With any new game I think it grows on you after a while. When the first screens came out for Sims 4 I wasn't that impressed to be honest. I guess I expected major changes and it looked similar to Sims 2 and 3 to me. However it's grown on me, and I've been super excited for it ever since!

8. Anna

Anna

I was going to wait for a sale but then went ahead and did a preorder where I get a bit of discount and a gift card at Target. I want to start playing my sims I have made and know when I see everyone else playing I will want it. I decided that for probably the 10-20 dollar difference I would rather have it a few months earlier.

9. m1tchell

m1tchell

I pre-ordered the game last year when I purchased Into The Future because there was a promo going on that if you pre-ordered The Sims 4 at that time, you got $10 off I think? Then when I started hearing some news about The Sims 4 this year I was so disappointed and regretted pre-ordering it, however now I am very excited and I checked my pre-order and turns out I paid off the full game straight away (I had forgotten because it was so long ago) so that's pretty cool that it's already paid and ready to go. Although in hindsight, $89.99 in Australia I believe it was didn't sound like much last year (when I had a job), but now considering I don't have a job I was pretty astounded by the price. Let's hope it is worth the money!

10. sholtx

sholtx

To be perfectly honest, I'd still buy the game even if the reviews say the game is super awful. You can call me stupid for that but I want to play and judge it myself.