1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Is sims 4 worth buying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamie298, Sep 3, 2014.

Is the sims 4 worth buying

1. yes

79.6%
  2. no

2.0%
  3. when on sale

18.4%
  1. jamie298

jamie298

i wanted peoples opinions so i can determine whether to buy or not and hopefully this can help others aswell.

2. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

I recommend watching Let's Plays, namely Lifesimmer, EnglishSimmer, and pretty much everyone else.

blossums likes this.
  3. Zerican Z

Zerican Z

Wait till it goes down in price if you are worried about the cost.

I am having sort of fun but its kind of dull. They need to add more active careers instead of just running off to work and waiting for your sim to get back.
    there are quite a few bugs that I have seen

One i am not sure you call it a bug or not its kind of funny to see but doesn't make sense.

You might of heard they fixed the routing issues they had in the past games and its true they did but they fixed it so well that every sim is so polite that they get up off the couch while talking to someone next to them to go all way across the room to sit so someone else ( AI sim ) that wanted to sit there ...can sit there. Its humorous to see the two sims that were talking before are still talking to each other while one is seated across the room not even in ear shot.

They do this a lot and it looks like they are playing musical chairs.

Got married and wife's last name didnt change. ( bug i guess?)

If you like to use cheats expect to put in the cheats everytime you travel because they turn off everytime you go anywhere.

4. Sara

Sara

I freaking love the sims 4, yes i know that the EA has messed up with some stuuf, but the game goes so smoothly, looks so pretty and not just that u allways got something to do hahah in fact there are not anough hourse of the sim day to do everything lol.
    There still lot missing that will probably be on later on on EP, but for now i like it way more than sims 3.

bshag4lv likes this.
  5. robi393

robi393

I had this debate too but I ended up getting the game and I'm glad I did. I bought the standard version because there is no way I'm paying extra 10 or 20 dollars for some weird content I would never use.

I haven't had much time to play but I am satisfied so far. I love the graphics (the new world is beautiful), building houses is easier than ever and the game runs smoothly. I am usually a goal oriented player and I love how you can work towards different goals (even small ones). It's different than the Sims 3 but I got used to it quickly and I didn't miss any of those features previous games had (with the exception of the family tree, seriously I need a family tree :confused2:). If I had to compare the Sims 4 to the Sims 3 base game I'd say the Sims 4 is better (I remember that when TS3 came out I didn't like it at all), the question is how they're gonna expand it and what kind of expansion packs we're gonna get. It certainly has the potential to become a great game.

But this is just my opinion, I'd suggest you to watch livestreams and youtubers and decide after that. And even though I like it I don't think it's worth 60 or 70 dollars, so I wouldn't buy it on Origin.

Sara likes this.
  6. Meka3514

Meka3514

I think JohnBigOz's suggestion is great to watch the videos as they give a lot of insight into the game. There is a refund guarantee, so if you do buy it and don't like it, you can return it. Personally, I love the Sims 4, compared to Sims 3. But Sims 3 is a game that has been out for years & it had so much you can do (with all the expansion packs). I think people got used to that and Sims 4, there's "less" venues & things were removed, so it bothers some Simmers. I've seen lots of positive reviews as well as negative reviews. I think for people who were completely were in love with Sims 3 & have to have open world, toddlers, etc. , Sims 4 may not be there cup of tea. For those that didn't really care for Sims 3 (like me lol) and liked Sims 2 better, I think Sims 4 will be a great game for them. Another big plus....is that the Sims 4 game is so fluid and runs so fast on the computer. Sims 3 took so long to load, that by the time I could play, my computer would be so hot, my game would crash.
    Anyways, good luck with your decision.

7. simb0t

simb0t

It's about preference, really. I loved TS3 (moreso than TS2 – sacrilege!) because of the open world and community/mod support that let me play just about any kind of game that I wanted.

TS4 has neither of these things...yet. What it does have is a fantastic foundation with a new way (yet entirely familiar) way to play. Yes, I miss the open world. Yes, there's a lot of things that 8 or whatever EPs and countless store items have added to the game. But, it's still a lot of fun. I have been tabbing between my TS3 legacy and TS4 new family since release, and I've been playing TS3 less and less.

And when I do tab over, I'm struck by how flat/inelegant/dated TS3 feels now. Not to mention abhorrently slow, but that's the price of gigs of store and CC.

Bottom line – I recommend it, but I think it'll take some getting used to, and it will surely go on sale before too long. Don't believe the reviews on Metacritic or whatever – most of them are based on missing pools/toddlers/CAS. Which are legitimate gripes, but we've known about them for months.

Is it a 10? No way. Does it have the potential to be a 10 when EA does it's thing and sells us the content we crave? Absolutely.

Jasbert, uhleeshuh and Meka3514 like this.
  8. ScifiSOS

ScifiSOS

Honestly, the game is worth my time to play, but I honestly don't think the wallet needs the whammy to the gut. It's a great game and all, but I'd wait until the price lowers. The only problem with waiting is how long it may take for the price to lower or the possibility of a EP coming out the same time the base game lowers. Because that would be temptation. And I fear what the price may be on that.

Kenia likes this.
  9. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I believe it's worth it. The hours of gameplay (if you're a serious simmer) make up for the price. Though I did get a $6 discount with my Walmart discount card!! This is the only time in 4 years I was happy with the results of my discount card.

bshag4lv likes this.
  10. Esnes Nommoc

Esnes Nommoc

Wow I can't believe no one has voted ''no'' yet. Well for me The Sims 4 is definitely worth it. :)

bshag4lv likes this.