1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Items Disappearing

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

Whenever I enlarge plants if there is an object in its footprint when I change lots/go out of the lot said object will go poof. Even though it was there before. I have found that only enlarged plants do this and not other enlarged objects. Also NOT ALL PLANTS do this like the ones in decorative vases but potted plants or planters. :( I need help.

2. benji_br

benji_br

Have you checked the household inventory?

3. Cody

Cody

Some of the items pop in the inventory but that is not the point. The dang items will not stay where they should. Doors, furniture, along with other things go poof randomly with enlarged plants. Even if said plants are not encroaching on it only techinally the foot print is-you know the square space it says an object takes up. Which when enlarging objects it makes their foot print explode by the way. Taking a small plant and make it to the size of one tile has a foot print of four tiles lol.

4. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Are you talking about putting an enlarged plant on a commlot or neighboring house and visiting that lot later only to find objects nearby it are now gone? Or is this for your playable sims' home lot? I'm sorry just trying to clarify!!

5. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I've had this, as well. With me, it was a fireplace. I hadn't scaled that up, but 2 objects next to it had been scaled up, and I'd used Alt to nudge them as close as I could to the fireplace. I saved and exited the game, then when I went back in the next day, the fireplace was gone. Noticed it happen a few other times, as well. I've got a picture on my instagram somewhere of one of them. I'll see if I can dig it out.

6. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Ah, here it is!

http://instagram.com/p/thQdpVESLo

Basically, I tried to put ONE wall piece in, and it said NOPE, you want a wall there? Then I shall delete the bathroom door, TV, TV stand AND random picture on the wall. Just because. :confused: This one is a common occurrence, for some reason. I have NO idea why putting a wall right THERE would delete stuff all the way over THERE! o_O

There was also an incident with a TV on a TV stand, much the same as the fireplace. Except in that instance, it was the TV itself that was scaled up, not something next to it.

(P.S. Sowwy if we can't link to instagram pics; I did have a quick look through the general rules post, and didn't see anything about not being able to link to places like that if it was just to share a picture... pretty sure this doesn't fall under the advertising rule... sorry if it does, feel free to edit/delete. :oops:)