1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Junk piles and broken objects...anyone know where these are?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meridamama, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Meridamama

Meridamama

I have a sim that is learning the "handiness" skills...he reached level 3 and was told he could now scavenge through junk piles and cannibalize broken things to create new stuff. So, my question is...does anyone know WHERE to find junk piles and broken things to get these parts? I know I can buy them on the computer...but the other??? I have looked through the current worlds and don't see anything that looks like a junk pile. Any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Sometimes (very rarely though) I've seen random junk piles on public spaces and in parks, but with this skill it's mostly about your own objects. Everytime you repair a broken object, there it a high chance that the repair causes a junk pile to appear next to that object. That's where you find the parts you need to upgrade objects.

Edit: Moved thread to more appropriate forum.

3. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Also you can dig through your trash too. I had to have my sim take out the trash but cancel the action so he'd drop the pile on the floor then dig through it.
    My sim also receives parts automatically with no digging through a junk pile (he's lvl 10 though). I don't know if it'be because my house is too crowded for a junk pile or not.

4. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Usually when cheap stuff breaks, when fixed, it tends to create piles of junk.

Just make sure the object has plenty of room, pretty sure i have never seen a junk pile in a tiny bathroom.

5. nightspore

nightspore

There are also trash bins out in the world you can dig through.

6. Meridamama

Meridamama

OK...thanks everyone. I have purchased parts online for upgrades...but haven't had anything brake yet. Didn't think about trash bins...but will look for them. Again, thanks for the info.