1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about our favorite things in the game!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benji_br, Feb 26, 2016.

1. benji_br

benji_br

Hey, guys =)

I feel like we have been talking too much about the future (and this is not a complaint, I like that a lot), but I think it would be cool if we took some time to talk about the past and present of The Sims 4 as well.

So let's talk about our favorite things in the game, those that surprised us when we first played with them and things that changed the way you played the game in The Sims 3.

For instance, I love the paintings sims paint on the easel. There's a good variety and they usually look good. I love that kids have aspirations and I love their toys (though I wish we had smaller teddy bears as well). Also, I love how in one and a half years we already have more recipes than all previous games combined.

What about you?

Mitchi32 and MiffoShort1997 like this.
  2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

Imaginary friends really surprised me in TS3. It kinda got me spoiled. Lol. My kid was never lonely! CaST was another happy surprise even though I never used it except to make my items match colors.

Every time we see something new for TS4 I'm surprised. I feel that they have improved many things from the past. Look at pools! So versatile now!

3. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Build mode in general seems so much easier for me in TS4, and I've been loving it. Especially moving the entire house (or lot so it doesn't ruin my landscaping)! I use it so often... I can't imagine ever going back. :p

ShaylaJ and benji_br like this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

@Kit , I have never loved pools more than I do in TS4 (and Island Paradise had a poll bar!).

@Mitchi32, I tried building in TS3 the other day and it was a nightmare! How were we building for over a decade without the tools being so tactile and intuitive? Hehe no, seriously, I enjoy building much more now.

2HubbiesNLove likes this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I like the fact that you can now pee on a bush.

benji_br likes this.
  6. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

I love the changing painting in Spooky Stuff and all the neat plants you can splice when gardening.

benji_br likes this.
  7. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

What I like about TS4 is the fact that Maxis brought back the nostalgia, the charm, the quirkiness, the awkwardness, and the all-around-great humor back into the series. The Sims 3 felt way too serious in a sense that I was playing a completely different brand of sims yet it shared the same logo. TS3 was alright, but didn't compete with The Sims 2. And that's just one reason I love TS4... it reminds you that you're playing The Sims.

The Sims 4 did start out slow and rocky, with a lot of potholes in the path from the very start... the further we travel the smoother the quality of the game, the likeness it has developed, and the styles are beginning to grow attached to the fans of the franchise. Which keeps me more optimistic that by the end of the series it will have become the new fan favorite of the entire franchise. TS4 has brought the art style and the game play into the more modern of gaming technology, and yet not making it too realistic... which The Sims IMHO... should never be realistic; reality is too stressful so playing a realistic game just would never be enjoying and satisfying my gaming simulation needs.

The building tools all the way to the CAS tools are amazing, easy to use, everybody can use them with ease and practice... and projects look absolutely stunning. Not to mention... our own version of Steam Workshop dedicated to just TS4. And one other note... with TS4... anyone and everyone can play this game without spending hundreds, sometimes a couple thousand for a rig to play a Sims game... I spent well over $1,000USD just to play TS3 and my system still couldn't handle the game with all expansions, stuff packs, and graphics turned on high. We finally have a beautiful game that can be played on any platform that is still running Windows 7 or Windows Vista... and I'm so happy that it was compatible with Windows 10 when I upgraded.

Mendota and benji_br like this.
  8. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I have to say another one of my favorite things is the fact that the game loads and runs a bit quicker then the previous version and seems to be a lot smoother so far.

benji_br, ShaylaJ and Kit like this.
  9. Geeuto

Geeuto

I hope the sims 4 has a pool bar that would be awesome.

benji_br likes this.
  10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

That reminds me of something I saw when I went to Mexico a few years ago. The hotel had a bar right next to the pool where you could swim up to it and have drinks and stuff with out leaving the pool. I suppose if your pool was indoors you could take the bar from the kitchen and put one right next to it but that would not really be the same thing.

benji_br likes this.