1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a place to talk about TS4 and not get trolled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rjhenn14, Nov 18, 2014.

1. rjhenn14

rjhenn14

I am really irritated with the amount of flaming and trolling on the official forums. You can't say one, single, nice or positive thing about the game without being attacked.

I am personally really enjoying the game. I have been playing The Sims since the very first game. I have loved the series for a long time. TS2 was amazing. I could play for hours on end. TS3 came out and honestly, for me, the playability wasn't there, I would always lose interest. I thought it was maybe because I was getting older (25 now) and I have a lot of other things going on, I'm a mom, work, school... I was sad to think that was the direction things were going.

TS4 has renewed my faith! Don't get me wrong I know there are flaws, I still really want aspects like toddlers and family trees back. I also deal with the occasional bugs that are annoying. Overall that I am really, really enjoying myself. I feel like my old self playing TS2 again. It's exciting, but honestly it's a bummer to always be put down in the forums and ragged on. Just really sick and tired of the immaturity that goes on there, and I really hope that the SimGurus know that there are people like me out there, who really enjoy the game and are looking forward to seeing what future content there is, that they aren't just hearing the same ten people who have a constant autonomous interaction to "Troll Teh Forums" ;-)

2. cynthia salmon

cynthia salmon

Hi, I feel exactly like you do. For over 10 years now I have been a regular forum visitor. I have enjoyed myself so much and of course, loved the games. Like you, t2 was my favorite, although I do visit the original game occasionally. I didn't like 3 much, but 4 was something I enjoyed too. But like you I have been driven off the official forums b/c of people trolling the forums. They keep saying they are trying to inform EA of what they don't like, but it seems no matter what we have to say about how much fun we are having, those trolls just keep hammering us fans. I too am tired of it and I am also looking for a new forum to be happy about my t4 game. I hope this one will provide that for me. The game isn't nearly as much fun without the community to talk about all the fun things you can do! Thanks for posting this thread.

Mendota and benji_br like this.
  3. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

This forum is good, Alexis is the Boss so she will whip you if you step out of line xD but it is quite friendly albeit bit inactive (for now at least) forum.

benji_br likes this.
  4. benji_br

benji_br

Yes, I haven't been to the official forums a single time since Sims VIP opened up this one. Of course, not everyone here is extremely respectful or anything, but this is the place where I come to actually debate without feeling attacked - I stopped posting on the official forums ages ago, I'd only go there to gather information. Most importantly, coming to these forums have been FUN.

So yeah, make yourself at home, you're one of us *hugs*

Mendota and Meka3514 like this.
  5. rjhenn14

rjhenn14

Thanks guys, glad to hear I'm not the only one! It's just such a shame just a couple people have to ruin it for everyone :-/

Meka3514 and benji_br like this.
  6. Anna

Anna

I never am on the official forums unless I absolutely have to go there for some reason. I think folks are pretty even handed here and that is good. There are things I like about 4 and things that I still do not like a lot. I played 1,2 and 3. Loved and still am wowed by 3, but must admit I have not fired it up once since I got 4. I still want to do more and will play when I want my seasons, big open worlds, and more to do fix, but overall I am happy with 4.

7. jeLlyBeAn1573

jeLlyBeAn1573

I just joined for the exact same reason! Good to hear that this site is friendlier and that we can have different opinions without being rude :p

Mendota, benji_br and JohnBigOz like this.
  8. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

It's been like that for years even on the older sims forums. Ive been rolling with the punches and have found that out of all the forums people on here at SIMSVIP have been the most friendly and also very helpful expecilly Kit and Alexis.

Kit and benji_br like this.
  9. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

It helps that we made the forum for our readers to have a place of conversation and discussion when the comments weren't sufficient. It draws a smaller and more focused group than the official forums. I go on the officials to help here and there, but in general I use SimsVIP and twitter for my social fix. Lol.

Mendota and Mitchi32 like this.
  10. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I like how this forum is small and its much easier to find things and get into conversations better.

Kit likes this.