1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Madly In Love With OR

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat' started by Cody, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Cody

Cody

I had a chance to dabble with Outdoor Retreat and I must say it is perfection. The Sims series has always had major flaws for me that made me not able to enjoy the game fully. Like with Sims 3 the worlds were very bland, lifeless, and empty. They felt dead and it removed the ability for me to be immersed. When I first laid my eyes on the worlds of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs my heart sang with joy. They are so vibrant, detailed, diverse, and full of ambience. Simply put they are breathing, living, visual masterpieces. Furthermore for what content Sims 4 as a basegame offered is rich and detailed. This gave me great hope for what would be furthered offered. Were the days of shallow quickly skimmed over content like much what we saw of in Sims 3 over? While I can not say defiantly Outdoor Retreat shows a promosing path. A path that is reflective of why Sims 4 at its core is so great. I was pleased to see how beautiful and detailed the world of Granite Falls is. Then there is how fleshed out and diverse it is as a gamepack. As I was playing it I had to keep telling myself this is not an expansion pack. One of my largest worries was how restrictive loading screens would be but that fear has been vanquished. Granite Falls is sprawling and there is so much room to roam without it feeling to clausterphobic or overwhelming. They struck the perfect balance. How they created such a large public space in such great detail for such a low price is beyond me. Maybe I should not question it but I do hope that this level of quality is a continued trend into the future.

When I play a game I want it to leave a lasting impact, Outdoor Retreat does that for me. Like as night fell the woods became dark and the surrounding noise changed striking a fear into me. I felt the need to stop my sim from what he was doing and get him to the safety of his camp. It was a natural response and not a story driven one. To me that is what marks a good gaming experience.
    The One.png

Kit, Thijs and Esnes Nommoc like this.
  2. Kalibobali

Kalibobali

I know it's been a long time now since you made this but seeing as there aren't any other comments and i just made an account i figured i'd say something anyway. Because i 100% agree with you. I was blown away by the detail and i myself am madly in love with this game pack. It set an incredibly high standard for game packs in the future as far as im concerned. I absolutely loved the environment too and how much detail everything in the new vacation system had. I was not expecting so much for just $20. And then all that CAS content was just icing on top. I really love this pack and for me i think it even outshines Get to Work so far. Although i've only experienced a portion of the expansion. But yes, i am beyond impressed. I can't wait to see what the next Gamp pack will be:)

3. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

Yeah. Stil donte have it wait until its avaibe in an gamebundle but still good pack. I love Get to worke and it realy concentrates on worke wich is good as it contains new interactions FOR worke but not realy for the sims during free time. But its still an very good expension ! It added muh but The first gamepla pack added some other stuff for the everyday thing asweal.

4. Melanie

Melanie

Outdoor Retreat is really beautiful and I love it!

5. Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

i REALY hope the bundle pack with it hits the stors soon! I still donte have it and so much need it like comeon i ned soeme new beds !