1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc. Rambling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody

I am very happy with certain features they added with landscaping but they left out the beautiful array of flowers/bushes that Sims 3 had that you were able to assemble together to create lush garden beds. A majority of the flowers do not mix or are formal. The flowers which I am speaking of were Sims 3 basegame. I especially miss the hydrangea bushes :(! Also there is things missing like outdoor tables and deck chairs. I will be waiting impatiently for these things as I love landscaping.

Other things not of great importance I hope they introduce vending machines quickly, create a normal sized desk microscope, and also include a regular ole telescope.

In other news I began building my first Sims 4 house and it is almost finished :D! It is a large sprawling brick house with lush landscaping. I thought I would struggle with Sims 4 build mode going from Sims 3 to it but NOPE. I took to it like a duck on a junebug. I am afraid Sims 3 build mode will be a horror to touch and may need therapy if I touch it. I was always frustrated at myself and thought I was just a bad builder because it took me so long to build. My largest problem is I am indecisive and I let the house sculpt itself instead of going for an end vision. Sims 4 allows me to be that kind of builder. I built the guts of the house within an hour where with Sims 3 it would of taken me four plus hours. I have spent about four to five hours on it with the house almost being complete. This is including the learning curve I have traveled. Even without the learning curve in Sims 3 this house would of taken me around four days to build. I love building but I hated decorating but not now. I spent so much energy and time on the building that by the time I was done with that I wanted to move onto something else. However since the building process is so forgiving which equals less time building I feel like decorating the interior. It no longer feels like a chore.

Lastly a random picture of the garden arches that I love called Natures Welcome-a gate option. So beautiful!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    uhleeshuh likes this.
  2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

Your garden pic is BEAUTIFUL!!
    There are outdoor tables and chairs @Cody !! Did you not find them? There aren't much, but they are better looking than in TS3.
    I agree about how decorating used to be such a chore (building was for me also), because IT WAS! No more! Just yesterday I built 2 houses in 3 hours and was having a blast the whole time!!!!

3. Cody

Cody

There is like on or two and I am not talking about picnic tables eithier. You know the lawn chairs where you lay back in, they are long. Have all sorts of names. Gazillion of them in Sims 3. I want some of those! Also there is no cushy looking benches. Have you seen that weird bench where I think it is supposed to be cushions lol?

Building houses is now a breeze and it blows my mind! It also aLOT easier to get nice looking houses with little effort. I want to see some pictures ^_^!

One more off on the rambling path I LOVE the miniature vehicles?! Like the tram and steamboat. They are perfection.

4. benji_br

benji_br

I felt the same way about the flowers, I loved how you could arrange them in TS3. I hope they'll change that in a future patch.