1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

My sims son is now his mother's brother!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Sue, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Sue

Sue

My sims relationships have changed. The son of my married couple is now his Mother's brother and his father shows as his uncle! What happened?

2. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Did you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to modify them in CAS?
    If so, the cheat can cause relationship problems as of now.
    There is no easy fix for problems like that right now, as the cas.fulleditmode cheat normally doesn't allow relationships to be changed back again if those have bugged out. You could either try loading a previous save before the relationships changed or try to fix them, using this Debug-Mod: http://simsvip.com/2014/09/15/sims-4-enable-advanced-debugcheat-interactions-mod/
    It allows you to change relationships in Live-Mode, but I am not sure if it also works when the relationships you want to change are bugged. Should you try the mod and should it be able to fix the issue, it would surely help a lot of people when you report your success back.

3. Sue

Sue

yes I did, my mother in the game aged up to an elder while her kids and husband were still young, I was trying to save her. Thanks for your help DerMonarch!