1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

New to Modding

Discussion in 'Custom Content and Modding Hub' started by StarryNiteSims, Aug 29, 2014.

1. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

Hey modders. I thought I would just introduce myself. I am brand new to modding as of like a few days ago. I just jumped right in with a tutorial and after a lot of trial and error, I finally am starting to feel more comfortable creating stuff! So far just clothing and shoes for me.

If you are interested, I created a tumblr for sharing my creations which is here: http://starrynitesims.tumblr.com/

Would love feedback as well (and constructive criticism!). Also since I'm new to tumblr too, any followers would be appreciated and I'm happy to follow back. I want to try out photo sharing on these forums so I'm going to share a couple of pictures of some of my creations with links for you to download them if you like. More can be found on my tumblr of course.

[​IMG]
    Download

[​IMG]
    Download

[​IMG]
    Download

Thanks for looking!

Jenna :)

2. SimfulSimmer

SimfulSimmer cute, clever and charming too.

Hello @StarryNiteSims!

I must say, your retextures and recolours are looking fantastic! Honestly it's the work of a pro! I love the Gradient Dress the most. I'll definitely be adding to my game soon!!

StarryNiteSims likes this.
  3. Serrabella

Serrabella

I will follow your mods as I love cc and mods have 165 mods in my Sims 3 and gigs of cc lol, liking the work so far

4. mattyshadysims

mattyshadysims

Hey welcome. I very much look forward to all of your work as well. Your work is looking great! Look forward to adding to my game!

5. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

Thanks so much!! WOW such amazing compliments! :) I'm having so much fun making stuff! I can't believe I have been playing since Sims 1 and have never made a piece of CC before LOL! Actually I think I made some custom wallpaper and paintings back in early Sims 2. That was like 10 years ago or something lol. The tools that the creators have made are just making it SO easy. Can't thank them enough!!! Big shout out to the people at SimLogical for the fantastic CAS Cloner Demo!

mattyshadysims likes this.
  6. Reuta

Reuta

I love it ! :hearteyes:

7. MidnightPearl

MidnightPearl

that dress is to die for! me want! I'm so clueless when it comes to CC, now I need to buy Photoshop and try my own CC, it was really hard when I tried creating my own for Sims 2, but I'm sure if I try very hard to follow directions and not give up, and achieve something in my life by creating CC! I'm going to try. :)

8. SimsPOV

SimsPOV

The Red & Black Lace Lingerie is very nice! Sexy yet tasteful! :)

9. StarryNiteSims

StarryNiteSims

Thanks @SimsPOV it's one of my favorite creations!

@MidnightPearl go for it!! I have tried creating cc in the last too and gave up but now the tools that people have created make it really easy! You don't even need to invest in photoshop because most of the basic stuff can be done in Gimp, which is free or paint shop pro which costs money but it's cheaper than photoshop. Last I checked it was under $100. And of course there are free trials so you could try it out first before you spend money.

10. Can't wait to see future creations from you.