1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. SimsVIP will be undergoing scheduled server maintenance on December 10, 2016 from 12:01AM Central Time (-6 GMT) until 1:01AM Central Time. During this time, SimsVIP will be offline while crucial server maintenance is performed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Dismiss Notice

No news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amyculs2, Apr 5, 2016.

1. amyculs2

amyculs2

I still can't believe that nothing has been announced yet, it's been a while since we had any new content (it's been 4 months since gt came out). I just feel it would be good if they announced what they are working on because presumably there's a gp and an ep and probably a stuff pack in the works, I don't get why they don't just tell us what they are working on without necessarily going into detail if they were to just say something like "we are currently developing a restaurants gp, a pets ep and a bedroom sp, unfortunately we can't go into detail as we are still implementing features and content and will share more when it's nearly ready". I just feel like me personally, I'm getting hyped for something good and if they don't release something good it just leads to more disappointment which in the may just kill the game because no ones exited for it anymore.

2. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

The problem is the Gurus are working for EA and have to take their orders, so if the Gurus have been told not to give us news which SimGuruDrake has told us many times then we don't get any news, hence the fact that so many Simmers on the Official forums are hungry for more news :)

I really wish EA would let us have some news though, or even a hint. Because we've been waiting ages for Game Pack 3. And I can only assume, judging by how long it's taking them, that we'll only get one expansion pack this year? o_O
    It takes them a long time to get an expansion out so I would be very shocked if we got two this year.

But for now I am more interested in hearing about Game Pack 3 :) will we get one this April, or are we in for another pack-free month?

Matthew.

3. amyculs2

amyculs2

I personally don't think we will get one until right at the end of the month or early May, I can't imagine them leaving it longer than that to be fair, it's an excruciating wait for content now.

4. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

Remember that we get EPs twice a year and maybe GPs twice a year, too. We've had several Stuff Packs and updates with free content since Get Together so there hasn't been a lack of content. We just have to be patient.

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  5. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

Maybe they are working really hard to push out the most wanted and also something people hate the all important Toddlers.

6. amyculs2

amyculs2

If we do get an ep or gp twice a year their cutting it a bit short to announce anything especially for an ep which they announce months in advance and it's already April so they would have to announce it soon to get another one in by December I just don't see it happening.

7. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

I think you have a good point there. I don't expect much to be happening either.

8. JackieGoOutside

JackieGoOutside Staff Member

We might get GPs twice a year. They come between EPs and I'm sure that we might get one GP a year because there's a bigger gap between GPs than EPs.

It was six months after base that we got Get to Work and nine months after Get to Work we got Get Together, which was delayed. As long as the new EP isn't delayed, we should get one in June because Get Together was released in December, three months ago.

Outdoor Retreat was released in January and Spa Day in July, which is seven months apart. It's been eight months since Spa Day, which means we're probably going to get a GP soon, probably later this month or early next month. And, likely, we'll get an EP around three months from now since Outdoor Retreat was released two months before Get to Work, especially if a GP is released next month.

That is, of course, if they stick with the pattern they've established, but a two EP a year format has been a staple of the Sims series. Not that I wouldn't mind a one a year or so EP as long as it was well-made and had lots of content but that's just me.

9. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

If I remember right I thought we were supposed to have something every month according to EA.

10. 2HubbiesNLove

2HubbiesNLove

Technically we did receive some new content for the month of March- the Easter egg hunt returning, the new Growfruit, and the reward planters, along with the update that fixed bugs. And its still early for April, so I'm expected around the 18th we will hear some news about the next addition to the series. What I'm hoping for is news about the third game-pack. We're in desperate need for a new game-pack, and I'm really hoping for a restaurant-themed pack. I'm also expecting the third expansion will be released in June or early July. So with a game-pack being released in April would be the perfect balance, and an additional two stuff packs for May and June leading up to the next expansion (really hoping its Generations-themed with the new life stage... toddlers and pre-teens).

Kit likes this.