1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Notifications, how to stop them

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Be4SIms, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Be4SIms

Be4SIms

these annoying notifications pop up mid screen at the top. saying everything my sim is doing , thinking and interacting.
    please make it stop, go away or hide it!

help anyone..?

2. uhleeshuh

uhleeshuh

I think there's an option on the Game Options>Gameplay(?) something about suppressing memory something or other? Check that out.
    I don't know if it's to stop the notifications or to stop the little graphic/font that happens when something big happens (like the weddings).

3. Anna

Anna

I get a notice every time I take a photo. It is beyond annoying!

4. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

That really is annoying! But you can turn those off in the options. I think they are called the 'Memory Helper'. Not sure, though. Something with Memory.

5. Anna

Anna

I think I have that turned off but will check again. Thanks.

6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Oh, then you mean the regular notifications and not the pop-up, I guess? Yeah, that's something we can't do anything about. But I've gotten used to it.

7. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I actually asked SimGuruGrant about this on twitter... Hold on, I'll find it!

Hayley Marie @thatsimsgirl · Sep 8
    @SimGuruGrant I might be missing it, but is there a way to stop the notifications just for every time you take a screenshot?

Grant Rodiek ‏@SimGuruGrant Sep 8
    @thatsimsgirl Right now no.

So... yeah. It's so frustrating, but something that we'll just have to get used to. As a legacy writer, I can fill up the 200 notification limit in under an hour, with screenshot notifications alone. :p Right now, I've got a little post-it note on my wall where my laptop lives, reminding me to clear the notification inbox every half hour or so. :cool:

8. Anna

Anna

That is ridiculous. Why would they even code that into the game in the first place to get a notice when you take a screenshot? Some of the decisions made this time make zero sense IMO.

Tamas and thatsimsgirl like this.
  9. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

I honestly have no idea. I get the one-time message that used to be in TS3, but I don't understand having it every. single. time. you take a screenshot... I don't understand what situation that would ever be useful in! :confused:

10. Tamas

Tamas

Agreed. It makes you think, doesn't it? I love TS4, don't get me wrong, but a lot of the more questionable decisions they've made so far are pretty obviously hindering gameplay. :unamused: Unfortunately, based on the last game I don't think they're going to go out of their way to fix them either. Prove me wrong, I hope they will.