1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Offline?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Luxury Party' started by Jarron, May 19, 2015.

1. Jarron

Jarron

I just downloaded and installed LPS and now get an "You are Offline" message... even though I am online and browsing the gallery. The only way to get rid of it, is under my Game Options> Other and then disable online access- then re-enable. But after a minute or two it comes right back (Though I am still browsing the gallery and getting notifications)

Attached Files:

2. SimsVIP

SimsVIP Staff Member

It could be because everyone is downloading. I get kicked off a lot too since the last major patch. Could also be a bug. Not sure.

3. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

This happened to me today as well. I can't remember if it's before or after I installed the stuff pack on my other computer (thus kicking my other account offline). However, just to be safe, I'd suggest updating your account with a new password.

4. Jarron

Jarron

I'm leaning toward bug. I'm not kicked off. I'm actually online, browsing the gallery, and able to upload, download, get notifications, favorite, etc... but the OFFLINE notice stays at the bottom of the screen. The only way to get rid of it, is under my Game Options> Other and then disable online access- then re-enable. But after a minute or two it comes right back (Though I am still browsing the gallery, getting notifications, etc.)

5. Jarron

Jarron

Just posting this... i actually finished and uploaded to the gallery, my Magnolia Redux, so am definitely online... but the main screen still shows.... Offline. So weird to me.

Attached Files:

6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

That might actually be a server issue, because as far as I know these tiles in the Main Menu and Gallery are controlled by the EA servers, which is how they can enable ads like the one for Luxury Party without revealing a specific date in the game's code.

7. Jarron

Jarron

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, enabled offline mode, then enabled online mode... restarted the computer, signed in and out, etc, but its still the same, so I guess that explanation is as good as any- and makes sense. I guess as long as I am still able to access and use the gallery, it's not a big deal... and I can, still, do both.

8. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

If it's on their side, no, there is nothing that can be done by us. I've actually got a completely different case where it doesn't even show me the Offline message. The bottom of the main menu and the front page of the gallery are just blank. So I do think it seems like the EA servers are having an issue with sending out certain commands. But as long as it still works everything should be fine.

9. Jarron

Jarron

Mine is blank like this. I don't know if it's the same as yours though.

Attached Files:

10. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I know this is older, but when I bought Spa Day yesterday, I purchased it in game (I bought Perfect Patio as well and I haven't figured out how to purchase two things at once through Origin yet... I digress...) It said I was offline as well, although I was in the game and on the gallery. The only way I was able to get rid of it was restarting the game. I restarted the game again later in the evening and didn't have the message again.

Maybe if you purchase through the game it does this?