1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, this is a great thing about clubs

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 Get Together' started by benji_br, Aug 7, 2015.

1. benji_br

benji_br

So I was watching Sim Guru Azure's interview and something just hit me.

Have you guys noticed how it seems like this whole "you take control of what [activities] the clubs can do" thing leaves a huge open space for future content? Let's say for example we get some sort of a magic/wizardry whatever EP sometime next year, so you could form a club based on that as well.

Well, I know this could be a little obvious, but bear with me for one second.

What it means is that this EP has the sort of content that could actually change the gameplay for years to come. Just like Get to Work did with not only the Retail System (which makes it possible to sell nearly anything in the game) but with Careers, I now feel like Get Together could impact the game in many ways.

What do you guys think? Sorry if I wasn't too clear, it took me fifteen minutes to type it all due to multitasking (I'm at work - shhh don't tell anyone).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Leah, Misawa, pandaBear321 and 3 others like this.
  2. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

YES I see exactly what you mean :D This does leave a massive gap for future content. Imagine this, with Pets you can maybe make a pet club where different owners meet up for coffee and the dogs can play with each other :) and then with Seasons you could have a winter club where you can compete in snowman building contests or maybe snowball fights! I am so excited and am so glad you made this thread :) I didn't think about it this way until you mentioned it.

Also a thought just hit me. What about toddlers clubs?!? :) Maybe in time when toddlers are added parent's will take them to Tiny Tots Clubs where they can play in the ball pen and in sand boxes with other toddlers whilst the parent's chat in the lounge area?

What do you guys think? Would you like those sort of clubs :)

Matthew.

Misawa, benji_br and fresayu like this.
  3. benji_br

benji_br

@MiffoShort1997, I believe the clubs will be accessed from the phone, so that could be hard for toddlers. Of course we could imagine parents arranging things for their kids to play, but when I look at the way things are built in TS4, I don't think that is very likely. I believe the sim in the club has to access the clubs options themselves.

But that sure would be cute!

MiffoShort1997 likes this.
  4. Harry

Harry

Yeah this does seem to be what they're aiming for but I can't help but feel cheated because of them taking out the life states. Oh well this ep really doesn't seem to be that appealing seeing as all they're adding are these clubs which we still don't know how try work. It's quite frustrating to be honest. But I will give the team one thing is that they are listening when we say we want the eps to interconnect with each other unlike the sims 3

MiffoShort1997 and benji_br like this.
  5. benji_br

benji_br

This is something that frustrated me in TS3 just as much as not having a new life state in Get Together frustrates you. I understand what you're saying, but I believe we'll be getting more life states soon =)

fresayu likes this.
  6. Harry

Harry

Oh yeah it frustrated me so much too. They could have done it excentley with lane night and showtime but they didn't.
    I just wish they would try to explain their reasoning to us. We still don't know why they thought it was a good idea to cut a life stage from a life simulation game and now we need to know why they aren't continuing the tradition of giving us life states in eps. It is so, like you said frustrating lol.
    But back on point. These clubs still make no sense to me. Like what are they able to do? Will they have goals like dates and party's? I just don't understand.

7. TJAVA

TJAVA

Didn't Simguruazure said the UI would look like the retail UI from get to work?

And yes this club thing is a great thing for future content!

AquaSimmer and fresayu like this.
  8. benji_br

benji_br

@Harry, I can only take a few guesses based on what we've heard by now
    Maybe what she meant was the UI for custumizing the clubs and what not. But to, let's say, plan a group outing, my guess is that sims would need their phones, you know?

Again, that's just a guess ;)

9. TJAVA

TJAVA

Ohh... I don't think toddlers have that function on their toy phone:)

benji_br likes this.
  10. Purplestarz2006

Purplestarz2006

I completely agree, and I hope this becomes the case in the future. One of my favorite things about TS4 so far is how well the additional content meshes with the base game, and with content that comes before and after, like how the new ice cream SP plays with the GTW retail system. With TS3, I often got the feeling that EP's were awkwardly tacked-on side games rather than expansions of the main game. Sure, you could in theory just shove mermaids and houseboats into your game in Bridgeport, but it looked odd and out of place because the two sets of content just weren't made to work together. With TS4, however, it really seems like they are much more focused on building one solid game rather than individual content packs.