1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Origin crashing when downloading The Sims 3

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Win7yes, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Win7yes

Win7yes

I have already contacted EA 3 or 4 times, posted on the Answer HQ, looked around the Internet and nothing popped up to help. When I try to download The Sims 3 Base Game, Origin just flat crashes after preparing the download. EA gave me no help at all, and this forums are my only spark of hope. Can someone help me with this? Looking at the client log I found this error code: 4b32
    I haven't found any results on Google about it. This started happening after I paused the download and then resumed it. When I resumed it, Origin crashed.
    I really need help with this. The community has always solved my issues. Every time I contacted EA they gave me the same steps. Delete Origin's cache, reinstall Origin, Flush DNS cache...
    Please help me. I couldn't find anything on Google and EA hasn't helped me on anything.
    Thanks in advance:
    -Win7yes

2. DaniJoseph420

DaniJoseph420

Basically, you should check for conflicts with the security features in Windows including Data Execution Prevention. The steps to exclude game files from DEP are as follows:

1. Open the Advanced System Settings (Right click Computer icon > Properties > Advanced System Settings)
    2. Now go to the DEP Settings (Click Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention)
    3. Select the seocond option which lets you customize which apps or EXEs to exclude.
    4. Add all the application files, i.e. Executable Files (.EXE) from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
    5. Click Apply, OK.
    6. Reboot your PC.

Reconfigure the Origin settings related to The Sims 4. Here are the detailed instructions:

1. Double click the Origin desktop shortcut.
    2. Sign-in to your personal account.
    3. Click the "My Games" link in the main user interface.
    4. Right-click The Sims 4.
    5. Choose Properties.
    6. WITHOUT replacing the existing command, add the following argument at the end of the existing value:
    -w und
    7. Click Apply to save the changes.

More detailed information here.

Thanks & Regards,
    Dani Joseph,
    Research Sepcailsit,
    USA.

3. Win7yes

Win7yes

AHEM... I said The Sims 3
    So you might be kind of... Blind. Also this is a specific Sims 3 part of SimsVIP Forums. I am having trouble *DOWNLOADING The Sims 3* and not *EXECUTING The Sims 4* Please, learn how to read an entire post and post's title before commenting after reading the word Issue. Thanks for trying to help anyway.
    Sorry for the agressivity.
    EDIT: I just noticed you just created your account to answer to this thread, as you only have one single post.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  4. alexandert

alexandert

Good work Dani Joseph !! Appreciated. Thanks it really helped me.

5. Win7yes

Win7yes

I spy with my little eye... Bots...?
    Seriously, it looks like a big lie. and I said The Sims 3, that solution is out of place. Since you seem suspicious, I will do... stuff about that.

6. AtomicSimmer

AtomicSimmer

The sims 3 and sims 4 solutions to fixing things I would think would be very similar even though there different games.