1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Issues & Troubleshooting - Your Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by DerMonarch, Mar 26, 2015.

1. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

This is an extension to my main Patch Troubleshooting thread. If you have encountered issues with a new Sims 4 patch or if you have problems patching Sims 4 to the newest version, please visit this link for a compiled list of the most common patching issues and their solutions.

If you just came from there or if you couldn't find your issue or a working solution on that list, please feel free to seek for help below and you might just help me to expand the list further. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible and someone will soon try their best to help you.
    I also want to encourage every user on this forum to help each other out in here, as I can't always be online and I want know a solution to every possible problem.
    Keep in mind though, that these threads are supposed to concentrate on issues that occured after patching the game to the newest version or problems with patching itself. For help with regular bugs, glitches and other issues, please search the forum for information on those problems or open a new thread if none exist yet.

Now, with that out of the way, grab your keyboard and start typing below. I hope your issues will soon be resolved!

EuphorialQueen likes this.
  2. susansbennett

susansbennett

well this upgrade ruined my game. First it just kept crashing at the start up. I did all the right things and removed all the cc and mods before the update. Then the game wouldn't start.

I updated Origin, I reinstalled the game and now i get a message telling me the game is not compatible with my graphics card. This is a brand new computer with a current and fast graphic card.

Now what?

3. lemarah

lemarah

After updating the Sims 4, everything was working normally, I explored the new page to select towns. I go to play the family that I have been playing and it just loads to town chooser again. It happened twice, I restarted the game and it happened again.
    The same thing happens when I try to build/buy, basically anytime I try to load a lot I get sent to the town chooser, sort of like it's glitched on a loop.

4. DerMonarch

@susansbennett First thing I'd say is try this step from above if you haven't already:
    If the game still gives you the same error message, try updating your graphics driver.

Should either of those work, I'd appreciate if you'd tell me. If not, EA Support might be able to help you.

5. DerMonarch

@lemarah Did this problem occur while playing without any mods or custom content installed? If so, try this step:
    If you did have mods or custom content installed while playing, please remove them and try again.

I'd appreciate if you'd keep me updated after you tried these suggestions.

6. lemarah

lemarah

I just tried that step, and that didn't work. The only file I have in the mods folder is Resource.cfg. (and I'm not quite sure what that is because I have never installed any mod or CC)

Apparently it works if played on offline mode?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  7. simaholic4

simaholic4

Hi guys, my game got automatically updated because I forgot I had that option checked so my CC was still in. When I remove the MODS folder the game works fine, however when I have the MODS folder in the game freezes at the loading screen and says (Not Responding). I have re-installed the game and made a new The Sims 4 folder. So what I wanted to know was whether anyone has a list of certain CC that need to be updated or whatever, I only have hair, makeup and tattoo CC in my game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT

I have slowly be testing which CC that I have works and which doesn't. If anyone would like to once I am finished I can update this post or make a new one. At the moment its down to a CMAR mod and some S-Club CC that aren't working/ that I haven't fully tested.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  8. PureShot

PureShot

Anyone else having their main family greyed out and not playable like you click on that house and says at home but no one in it? after that update it happened I found a solution on the EA help forum but it's only temp. as once you save,exit then come back to the game the family is greyed out again here is the article I found on it http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-4-Issue/td-p/4423628

also other family houses when trying those i get infinite load times at random times never had it happen before and tried the thing of removing mods also and no luck fixing it all so i think the devs broke the game some how maybe lol

9. DerMonarch

The Resource.cfg is installed by the game. It's the file that tells the game what files it is allowed to read. So you don't have to worry about that one.
    It seems you're experiencing a bug that has been around for a while. The devs have already gotten rid of many causes for this issue, but some still remain and will hopefully be fixed in the future. For the moment, crinrict has some fixes that have worked for some players. Putting the game and Origin into Offline mode is also mentioned there. Maybe one of those fixes might also help you. You can find the thread about this bug here.
    Since this is a bug and not and issue with the patching itself, I will not add this to the list, but I wish you the best of luck in finding a way to keep playing with your current families. :)

10. DerMonarch

@simaholic4 The guys over at Mod The Sims are already creating such a list and I'm sure they'd be happy if you can contribute to it. You'll find their thread here.
    As these are issues with mods and custom content and not the act of patching itself, I will not address detailed CC and mod problems in this thread.