1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Played SIMS4 for the first time today...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabe, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Gabe

Gabe

Overall, my opinion is that I think they have a fairly strong base for the game. It seems to have some good engagement and overall the interface is pretty good. However, expansion packs will go a long way in making or breaking the game for me. I straddle a line right now that is between "hey pretty cool, plenty to do" and "man, I'm already a little bored." I would like to see the devs include more detailed interactions w/ the game environment similar to what we saw in the Sims 2. I'd like the option to tend the lawn and prune the shrubs. Hopefully they will include a lot more venue options; the single lounge bar w/o food is really a bummer. Oh, why is it that sweet and spice is the only drink that seems to be served?

Overall, I don't mind the fact that it isn't an entirely open world, if they can deliver even more depth and engagement to the expansion packs than Sims 2 offered, I think it has every shot to be very close to a home run. And yes; I am completely biased and desperately want to see them include a OFB-esque expansion pack and a much deeper experience with careers than we have ever seen before.

bshag4lv likes this.
  2. bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Thanks for sharing! Glad you are having a good time, mostly. I have had the game since release and went through a phase of, too many bugs, and I can't deal with this as my game kept crashing on me. But I found the solution and am now enjoying playing without worry.

I too will look forward to the release of pools next month and new careers in December. Until then, my sim is totally consumed with her gardening and fishing and content to go out on the town for a drink or two, after supper.

Gabe likes this.
  3. thatsimsgirl

thatsimsgirl Site Supporter

Welcome to the TS4 bandwagon! Strap in tight, it's a bumpy ride! :p

One question: Have you bought the official Prima game guide? I got it a few days after TS4 came out, and even though I was well into my legacy, once I started reading it, I found myself saying "Oh, hey, I didn't know that!" It definitely provides much more than a crash course on the game, and it helped me expand my gameplay in ways that I wouldn't necessarily do myself. I'd read something, be like, "Oh, that seems cool!" then go and do it. I'd say it's definitely worth a read if you're wanting to expand your gameplay experience before the EPs start coming.

Now, EPs... I think everyone here will agree that we're all pretty much ready for the first EP release! Actually, there's a thread on here where we're all talking about what EPs we'd love to see - check it out and add your own! It's fun to hear what other simmers want from their EP experience! :D Still, at least we have all of these awesome content update patches happening until those EPs do start coming! Pools next month, new careers in December... I can't wait!

Gabe likes this.
  4. Gabe

Gabe

Nope, no Prima. I'll be checking things out. Couple questions: is there only one bar/lounge venue, and does it only offer chips and drinks?Why are the only drinks "sweet and spicy"?

5. JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz

Are you trying to MAKE drinks or are ordering them from a bartender, if there's no mixologist then you only see sweet and sipcy because you are a Level 1 Mixologist.

Furthermore, give the game some time, it took me about a month to REALLY get into a game. Try to challenge yourself or try to see the game from a different perspective (play with a strategy as opposed to a storytelling game, or something along those liens)

Experiment :3

It takes time to really get into it, but it is fun once you do.

Gabe likes this.
  6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

The drinks available at the bar depend on the mixology level of the bartender. If that's your Sim then those will be the only drinks until you've leveled up the mixology skill. If you are ordering drinks from a bartender that was placed at the bar by the game then the menu depends on their mixology skill. When the game spawned a Sim specifically for that role, that level is usually between 4 and 6, so there should be a few more drinks available in that case. It might also happen that the game hasn't spawned any mixologists yet and just places a Sim without mixology skill at the bar that will only be able to make those two drinks, but in most cases the game should spawn an actual bartender with higher skills within the first week.
    Very often the game just uses Bob Pancakes as Bartender when you've just started the save, as he already has some mixology skill points.
    The lounge in Oasis Springs is indeed the only pre-made lounge, but I'd rather call it a meeting room for elders, honestly. You'll meet a lot more young Sims by visiting either the bar in Oasis Springs or the nightclub in Willow Creek.
    And yes, so far chips are the only food that is served at bars.

Gabe likes this.
  7. Gabe

Gabe

Nope, not trying to make drinks, ordering drinks and watching the mixologist make nothing but sweet and spicy for everyone else. Thanks for the advice.

8. Gabe

Gabe

Thanks for the great info! When you mention that "the game should spawn an actual bartender with higher skills within the first week" I'm imagining that you mean a game week, not a human week?

9. Gabe

Gabe

I did some further checking by playing my game and in Willow Creek, some gal named "Barker" is nearly always the bartender. Interestingly, drinks already made are sitting out on the bar with the maker's name as Bob Pancakes. All that I ever see pre-made or served is the Sweet and Spice. Move to Oasis and the drinks aren't pre-made but they never change. Any ideas as to what I can do. Report the bug to the endless train? I know it sounds dumb but if there is any chance it might be looked at I'd like to do what I can. Thanks!