1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Orion - Extended Boundary!

Discussion in 'SimCity' started by SimfulSimmer, Aug 29, 2014.

1. SimfulSimmer

SimfulSimmer cute, clever and charming too.

A Modder that goes by the name of Yayie has released the Project Orion game mod that extends the boundary/map size. You can check the mod out and download it here. Below is an image of the extensions!

PLEASE NOTE: THIS MOD IS IN BETA AND THERE ARE QUITE A FEW BUGS WITH THIS MOD. THEY ARE ALL LISTED ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGE.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Pjadek

Pjadek Staff Member

I've heard about it. People say that it works good, but I've never actually had a chance to try it.

3. George

George

Thanks for the link. Going to try it now :D

4. Pjadek

Pjadek Staff Member

Feel free to give us info about it :)

5. George

George

Game crashed when I put it in lol. Going to try again :p

6. Pjadek

Pjadek Staff Member

Oh :/ I hope they'll make bigger town areas someday.

7. George

George

I got it working. The map is so big that I cant even fit it in the photo. Bad thing is you can't put any roads in the expanded area, you will have to get another mod that allows you to put roads. The only road you can put though is the highway that is in the region which can be found in this mod http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar-ui-enhancement/ It still needs a lot of work as the terrain glitches etc.

[​IMG]

SimfulSimmer likes this.
  8. Danny50205

Danny50205

ahahah this is cool guys

I am one of them modder this is not really made by a yayie
    This was a most by the xoxide yayie just released it (long story)

This has been going on for some time we have been working with developers from simcity to make such mods
    orion was one of the small parts of many the best way to use it is with avalon or the RCI plop

if you guys want the best mods i would tell you to download Dizzys or Skyes mod packs

http://skyestorme.com/skyepack-mod-pack/
    http://crankygamers.com/cmdownloads/dizzy-dizasters-modpack-for-simcity-2013/

also to help you guys out the region terrain is very different to the normal terrain in the 2K box
    we have been working to get it fixed but that will mostly never be something that is fixed
    (i am sure you know this) the reason you have the roads not going over is due to the fact you need regional roads and also start the game open a map then close the game then start the game again and play in the map you just opened and the border will then get bigger
    also get CamModB1 to zoom out more

also i would recommend you get regional bulldozer
    and to fit all this in yayie did the Akar project, i did the decorations, and there is much more to come

also if anyone has any questions just ask

Enjoy :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Cody and SimfulSimmer like this.
  9. doll

doll

This looks awesome, I'm glad they are starting to figure out how to expand the areas. I've loved the newer SimCity, just the small maps was aggravating.