1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

random floating plates and books

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Mitchi32, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

So, since the introduction of half walls, my sims have now begun leaving plates and books in the middle of the air.

It only happens once I've place half walls (it 's not necessarily right next to the wall either), and will continue to happen in the house even after I've deleted the half walls.

Has anyone else experienced this?

08-08-15_1-14 PM.png

2. MiffoShort1997

MiffoShort1997

What a strange bug! I haven't had this bug, yet, but I will do some searching around for a solution for you :)

Matthew.

3. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

Thanks @Matthew

In the picture I provided, there was a half wall behind that orange chair, and the plate would have been right next to where the wall was. This plate was placed after I already deleted all my half walls on this floor.

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

@Mitchi32 This has happened to me when I had Move Objects on (and forgot) and my Sims decided to start putting things in the weirdest spots when they were done with them. LOL

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

@Kit do you turn MOO, place your items, and then turn it off right away? I never do that! haha. I wonder if that's why every time I enter build mode a lot of my deco items that I placed to "sit" on counters etc end up in my HH inventory?

Maybe you just solved two of my problems!! :partypooper:

Kit likes this.
  6. DerMonarch

DerMonarch Lord and Saviour Staff Member

Can agree with Kit there. Haven't had that happen with half-walls yet, but my Sims tend to do it while MOO is on while I'm playing. I guess the cheat has to turn the entire world into object slots to work with the new room-based system of build mode.

7. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

They patched the game a while back where if you turn MOO on, it'll stay on while playing on that household even through loading screens. It's handy, but after I found out my Sim was hiding dirty dishes behind my bookcase, I had to cut them off. =P So yeah, that could be the problem with both situations!

8. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I have not yet played the household that the above picture is from... however, I have noticed that if I turn MOoff right after I've placed my items, exit build mode and return, my items aren't instantly moved into my household inventory!!

So @Kit - I already must thank you SO much for fixing at least one of the little things that annoy me in build mode.:raisedhands::clapping:

Kit likes this.