1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are not receiving an email confirmation after registering your account, send an email to SimsVIPContact@Gmail.com with your registered username, and we will validate your account.
    Dismiss Notice

random gameplay issues

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pedro, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Pedro

Pedro

Hey, so first of all, I want to say that I am really enjoying Get Together, it just adds so much to the game!

However, I'm finding some small bugs and I'd like to know if anyone else is also experiencing them:

Most of the time people invite me to clubs or bars, they ask me if I want to go out at night, but they usually call me during the day, like 11 AM, so if I accept the invitation, I go to the club at 11 AM, not at night how it was supposed to be. They should fix this (if it's a bug), making my friends only call me after 7 PM or something like that.

This one is an old bug, but they still haven't fixed it: when I invite my friends or my loved ones to a sleepover, my guests NEVER sleep. I mean, it would be kind of real if it happened some times, because there are times we don't sleep at all when we are at a friend's house, but since it happens ALL the times, it is annoying.

There are some sudden drops of queues, mostly when I'm doing something related to shower, using the toilet and eating. I tell my sim to take a shower and in sequence use the toilet. Then they get inside the bathtub, but soon they leave and go to the toilet right away, without filling the hygiene need. The same happens when I tell them to eat and then use the toilet. It happens quite often, it's annoying.

The next one isn't a major problem or anything, but why sims go to nightclubs and parties in the ruins, chalet, etc dressing a casual outfit, and not a party one?

One disappointment I had is that the sims can't get drunk. I thought that we were going to have something similar to sims 3 University and that juice thing, since those new drinks that many renders showed seemed like beer or something. It would be cool to get a "Juiced" emotion with similar effects that it had on sims 3, like being able to kiss and woohoo sims without being actually friends.

One particular change that they did (i don't know how long it's been there) is the jealousy system. It's improved and I enjoy it. But don't you think some sims overly react? I mean, there was a sim I only kissed once in a lifetime and then never spoke to her again. Our relationship got completely neutral, and I married another woman. One day, I was at the bar flerting with my wife, and then suddenly that girl that I only kissed once slapped me really hard and got really sad, like wtf? Is this supposed to happen? I had the romantic bar with the girl, but it was neutral. They should set that only sims with 1/4 or more of the romantic bar filled could get angry or sad when they catch the other one cheating. Also, in my experience I found that the penalty in the relationship after someone catches his or hers partner cheating is really low, like 1/4 of the bar drops. Is this normal?

But other than that, I'm having a really nice experience, and this expansion pack really sets a new level for the franchise!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

1. People go to the bar at all times of the day in real life. I don't know if the text says night or not, but if it does it's likely due to an oversight, not a bug.

2. Guests will do what their needs autonomously desire. If they aren't tired, then they just aren't tired. I wonder if clubs can go to sleep together. But in any case, not a bug.

3. The queue drops was experienced widely by the patch before Get Together. Many people fixed it by removing all of their mods, running the game as 32bit instead of 64bit, and/or repairing the game.

4. Sims should change to party clothes, I agree. I can't remember if mine do or not.

The jealousy is just like in real life, you never know who is going to go ape on ya!

Mendota and Pedro like this.
  3. Pedro

Pedro

Thank you for your answer!

1- I agree that my friends should invite me to bars any time of the day. The thing is that it also happens with nightclubs and other venues, and also with parties in the ruins, chalets etc... I think it would be much better a party at the ruins during the night, don't you agree?

2- yeah, but they never slept during sleepovers. NEVER. I don't like this at all, even though it might just be a point of view.

3- Thank you, I'll try it out!

And about the jealousy, what happened to me it's not necessarily what's going to happen all the time? Was it just bad luck? lol

4. Kit

Kit Mommy Mode Staff Member

I've only seen the jealousy go over the top when I had the trait on my Sim.

5. Mitchi32

Mitchi32

I have found the opposite happen with my Sims in terms of jealousy, unless they have the trait... I had a Sim that I was trying to make jealous, and she walked in the room while her hubby was cheating, and she did not care at all. I think it's just a random setting.